2003 xr125L

Martynbrooks

Hi ive just got a xr125L3  2003 engine is out of frame with carburetor . As is front wheel/shockers/with handlebars ect attached... The throttle cable has got the carburetor top and spring and float attached but is missing the needle jet??. The carburetor is a keihin n4a. Can i obtain a jet and whatever holds it in float or a carburetor rebuild kit for the keihin n4a carb.. .been on ebay and nobody does a xr125  they are all cg /cb/ 125 ect, or a new carburetor but its a mine field / pz/26/27ect..i wouldn't know which on is right for a xr125l 2003.hope ive not asked to much for first time ha ha ,hope somebody can make a old man happy and reply with all queries. Thanks 

Thank grumpy i will take pictures of bike as it's at work? Hidden! Engine out as going to get frame shot blasted and powder coated.as above carburetor is missing needle jet .but looking in bottom of the float it is stamped H5H ?? I dont even know if engine is free ? Could i jumpstart electric starter whilst on engine to see if it turns over? And would you take sparkplug out and put some 10w_40 oil in barrel? Im sorry if i ask silly questions but im new to bikes .ihad to ask what jet was called missing from the carburetor (needle) i would like a carb rebuild kit but nothing listed for xr125L3 or i would buy a £25/30new carb of Ebay but there are loads of them ..pj/pwk/cpo/pe/oko/panmo / mine is a keihin pd n4awceb ?best i can make out..and there is a lot of pd/22/23/24/26/27/28/29 carbs but i dont know enough about bikes and carbs...its turnings into my new project or my new nighmare ha ha,. any replies very welcome .and thanks in advance 

I can't help with the carb issue but if the engine is out of the bike then remove the spark plug and put a socket onto the drive cog, stick it in gear and then you ought to be able to see if the engine turns. A small amount of oil down the plug hole would help provide some lubrication.

Use a small amount of light oil - WD40 is not the best lubricant but, it would not hurt.

H5H? No idea!

You will need new seals and replace the oil & air filters.

You can test the starter using high voltage jump leads - And you can test the solenoid with 'normal' cables.

For the throttle / clutch cables - Use light oil to lubricate.

Empty the fuel tank and use 'new' fuel.

Either clean the spark plugs and reset the gap or, buy new ones.

Good luck!

A lot of the carbs on eBay are Chinese knock off, not to oem quality. It's very hit and miss.

The needle jet kit is no longer available from honda.

I would rather buy a used genuine carb. At least then you would know exactly what parts to order if they are worn.

Edited by bud

Hi again. The keihin carburetor is all there and i stripped it down and all jets are there and it's very clean inside ..as ive tried to explain ive got a full carburetor except for the float needle jet missing?.can any body tell me what N4AACEH on side of carb means.ive looked on Google for carb I'd charts and it's done my head in ha ha...i cant work any of them out im baffled. Hope someone can help.ive tried emailing keihin usa and keep getting retun to sender messages? Ive read they are now hitachi owned and i have messaged them with no joy ..Chinese sites are answered by robots...i just need SOMEONE to advise me in the right direction... thanks in advance 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies . I just require the jet needle .ive cleaned carburetor and it is v clean one jet is 95 and one is 38s.ive got the E clip and A shaped retaining spring/clip its ...just the needle jet/jet needle i need...carb in w/shop manual says pdn4a...sorry but dont know enough about bikes/carburetors...hoping someone will say ? The 125cg or 100/200 xr kit or other model/needle will fit

The part number you need is 16022KRHD21  it's the slide, needle, spring and retainer.

This is also used in the following bikes

Assembly name
Honda, CG125ES4, 2004, England, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, CG125ES4, 2004, European Dir. Sales, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, CG125ES7, 2007, England, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, CG125ES7, 2007, European Dir. Sales, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, XR125L4, 2004, England, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, XR125L4, 2004, European Dir. Sales, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, XR125L4, 2004, France, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, XR125L5, 2005, England, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, XR125L5, 2005, European Dir. Sales, All Colours CARBURETOR
Honda, XR125L5, 2005, France, All Colours
Edited by bud

Thanks bud for trying to help me.much appreciated..i think im trying to hard? Or I'm trying to delve to deep or i am dumb ha ha.... i Googled.the number you sent me 16022krhd21and it came up with nothing? The ebay slide ive already looked at, ive already got the slide / E clip /A shaped retaining spring/clip.i just need the needle? If you say as above the cg 125 will fit .i can buy a rebuild kit or search for a cg needle..there is absolutely naf all for a xr125L3. Everyone ive emailed. Ie keihin. Jets rus.ect ..just tell me to look at my existing jet numbers to order? But ive lost mine ? So no idea what numbers. Or they say look at needle chart...waaaaaaaw albert einstein stuff..ha ha .wife thought i was getting a greenhouse or something simple instead of a xr125L3 ha ha.. havn't been able to phone anyone as all shut over xmas...forgotten to mention happy new year to you and your family.. 

• Like 1

Looking on the fowlers website now, it does not list that part for any other bikes. Perhaps the other site I looked at was wrong. Flowers list the needle as part number 16012KRHD21.

Edited by bud

Thanks again for your replies. I will have a look at fowlers if i can find them..one number ive found is16027ksm901? On diagram its parts no2and9 no2 is 16012krhd01 .but not sure which is needle and one may be just the e.clip and retaining spring/clip? And the cost are something like £25 each + postage .some American companies want £12 and €70+ postage ha ha  I'm sorry to keep sounding vague but im clueless about bikes/carburetors. And working 12hr shifts 6_6 ..everyone keihin ect have listed every carburetor as eg pw/pwk ect ect  but nothing pd.is my carburetor a pwk? On the choke side of my keihin pd N4AACEH carb is a little round indent with a number 25 in so is my carb a pwk 25 model?.i just cant Google a keihin pd N4AACEH needle/rebuild kit.i am also looking at a cg kit/needle as you kindly suggested. As you said my carb is original i just need a needle and i dont fancy a cheap Chinese carb what wont work......been looking/emailing for 3weeks doing my head in ha ha it's crap when you dont know what your doing.wifes/ daughter have fell out with me keep asking why wont this work .what have i prested wrong ect.ha ha again thanks for your time to reply 

Hi, @Martynbrooks, right here are some pictures from Fowlers and Cmsnl site's, the 2 number's you have are 16012KRHD01, complete set,  no longer available.

Or 16027KSM901 which is available to order from Fowlers or your local Honda dealer.

And is just the needle and clip.

Part no for your carb in photo is 16100KRHD01.

20230104_225002.jpg

20230104_225127.jpg

20230104_225257.jpg

20230104_225321.jpg

20230104_225356.jpg

20230104_225421.jpg

Edited by oldgrump
  • Like 1