what type of luggage to buy

just starting to get things sorted for my trip to Scotland in sept ,need some sort of luggage for the CBR .....i.e tank bag and maybe something for the rear seat cowl,has anyone bought anything or can recommend some gear ......my tank is plastic and there is not alot to tie something down at the rear.... :D

have a good look around the site mate all the info is on there

it wont go anywhere trust me 8)

a mate has a ducati 998 and uses this system when he goes to spain via all over!!

he has seen 170mph on his clocks and nothing moves and you cant even tell its there :shock:

Think this will depend on how much you are going to use them,, I spent £300 on givi hard case,, my lad spent £50 on oxford soft case expandable with rain covers,, both systems held about the same,, Givi easy to fit & remove,, Oxford a bit longer to strap on & tie down,, so if your only going to use them once in a blue moon then oxford, other wise givi,, think I saw some panniers + tank bag on the for sale, bike related,, Enjoy scotland, I did,, Ride the a82 through Glen Coe, Stunning

Guest philgale

i got these buffalo panniers, used them a couple of times now and cant fault them, they were about 50 notes from J&S, also can get a tail pack like stu posted so you would have loads of storage....dont forget a little tank bag for the camera....

oh, you would need something like this for a tank bag, basically something straps down under the tank then the tank bag straps to that.... look at the first pic here

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/tmbf_photos/IMG_1757.jpg

I rate the Oxford Products soft luggage. I've got an expandable tank bag, sports tail pack and the new Sprint range panniers. Some of it costs a bit but I've found that you can get bargains if you go for older stock (from previous seasons range / colours) and they are really good quality and pretty tough.

Just one thing, I'm not sure you can use it with a solo / seat cowl. I think it's recommended to use it with the original seat.

The panniers are a bit of a fiddle to fit and once fitted you're not going to get them off in a hurry. The tail pack can be fitted and removed easier as it has a zip to remove the bag from the base but you still end up having to remove bungy cords.

The Tank bag is the best for easy of use. It's magnetic and the only strap is one around the head stock which is easy to unclick and take the bag with you.

http://sportsbiker.net/photos/mr_flibble/images/33221/original.aspx

i know a few people who have melted straps and luggage with under seat exhausts :?

thats why i pointed out ventura

they use a rack which bolts to your subframe and everything is clear of your exhaust and you dont have to use extra straps on them :?

Just ordered the OXford Humpback tank bag and strap down attachment for my bike as it too has a plastic tank. Hopefully it should arrive by the time I get home. I can also recommend the Baglux tank cover and bags. A bit pricey if you're not going to use it often but worth a look. Shame they don't make them for my new bike.

i got these buffalo panniers, used them a couple of times now and cant fault them, they were about 50 notes from J&S, also can get a tail pack like stu posted so you would have loads of storage....dont forget a little tank bag for the camera....

oh, you would need something like this for a tank bag, basically something straps down under the tank then the tank bag straps to that.... look at the first pic here

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/tmbf_photos/IMG_1757.jpg

Just bought a set of these panniers on ebay. Also ordered the tailpack from J&S. Got it this morning and it's very good quality. Haven't tried it on the bike yet cos, well, it's been lashing it down for the last 50 squillion years.

Got all i need for my camping trip at the end of august now. Although i might end up selling the bike and buying a canoe.