looking for any help with a GPZ 500 engine swap

Need help with engine swap on genuine low mileage GPZ after dropping gear or something gave way. Have a donor and hope to make good from the two, even if it’s bottom end keep the top. Feel it’s worth spending the time and money as it’s a clean straight machine. Not sure how it works, can pay by hour or quote, just Asian to be on rd b4 spring if poss.

I have limited know how but willing to learn and make plenty of brews to go 

054DC23D-3DF3-48A4-97CD-492E3BFF8A34.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

You should buy a Haynes Manual and do it in your Garage. If you're changing the whole engine it'll be quicker than changing parts of it. You'll need a pal to help lift the engine out with you. 

I do a car engine swap in 2 days ,just so I don't make mistakes,one day out - one day in.

A bike engine is alot easier, you'll only be disconnecting controls, throttle cable, clutch cable, HT leads,fuel lines and chain then take bolts out the mounts and lift it out. 

I see 40 people have read this and no replies , that's coz you actually want to physically meet people or someone to do the job for you, that's what your friends n family are for or a local Garage Servicing Business.

I'm miles away in Scotland so I'm not coming to do it for you but this job isn't beyond you and you'll feel like a total Hero if you do it yourself.

• Like 1

I read this and didn't reply cos it's way beyond my 3 Haynes manual spanners competence ceiling 😄 

Doesn't help that the OP didn't say where he was. Nor that he's never been back since posting...