Dainese 8 Track Leather Jacket

Dainese 8-track Leather Jacket White DA1533812-418 Jackets | MotoStorm

I saw this jacket a couple of years ago and instantly wanted one, however the price and that i had only recently bought a textile set meant it was not the right time. 

However since then they have become a lot more difficult to find new as Dainese have obviously discontinued it, this made me want one even more so a couple of months agoi decided that i was going to get one "no matter what" and it had to be the one in the pic not the black one.  

I found one online at sports bike shop for a very respectful £338, just to add they were excellent.  I went to the store to try on similar jackets and to try a Dainese leather for size.  As per dainese it did not come with a back protector but managed to get one from Wheels in Peterborough.  

My first impressions were that it was even more stunning in the flesh than in the pictures, the "white" is actually a cream colour and it looks great.  the look is quite retro and i think as the leather ages it will probably improve the look of the jacket.  I have worn it a couple of times and it is very comfortable and warm, not worn in the rain yet to check waterproofness but it is leather so i would expect it to be pretty decent.   

If i have one criticism that is the neck area is a little uncomfortable when done fully up and can dig in a little when sitting certain ways.  The leather is still a bit firm and hopefully that will soften up a little over time.  

overall a great jacket, does anyone else have one? what are your opinions? 

• Like 2