MT07 Ignition

Mick67

Go to solution Solved by Mick67,

Hi, my nieces Yamaha MT 07 was stolen and recovered with damage to the ignition block and a brown and red wire cut just below, the damage to the ignition does not look to bad but I was unable to test it yesterday as the key were not available as key holder had to pop out and I missed her.

Anyway my niece has gone back to her home country of Australia so has asked to have ago at fixing the bike and selling it for her.

I'm informed there is a immobiliser in the ignition so if the ignition/immobiliser is damage it will need replaced and new keys coded and the cut two wires look like the are part of the loom from the ignition block so could be reconnected.

The garage that assessed the bike for the insurance company told her and the that she would need a new loom and ignition block, no idea why my niece did not get it repaired under the insurance but good old uncle Mick has been given the task.

The bike is twenty miles away so will have to pop down next weekend with the toolbox and pull it apart a bit.

If anyone has any tips or ideas please feel free shout out.

Will let ya know what I find next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...