Don't want to mess up new paint job

Angela Collen

Hi all, would appreciate your advice, I'm about to re paint forks,chain guard etc on my bike and have read you get a better finish by using wet dry sandpaper between each coat,primer included, your thoughts on this please as I would like to do my historic honda justice , thanks

Thank you Billy, got all I need now, on my cb400nc superdream 1983 they put a black plastic front mudguard, not chrome,previous owner made bad job of covering chips, can I wet and dry sand over paint on plastic? and did I see there's a different primer for plastic?

You can, but get some adhesion promoter before starting any spraying, and yes there is special primer for plastics/pvcs. Rub down the mudguard to remove all blemishes  then treat with adhesion promoter before applying the primer, allow to dry then prime, then gently rub down between each coat, using 2 or 3 coats