Scooter or 125?

Tigs

You have come in a motorbike forum so motorbike 😁

Seriously though it depends what use she wants to use it for and where she wants to ride.

Going to see boyfriend 100 mile's away?

Nipping to shops as run around?

125cc Scooters - Great for built in storage (shopping etc), simple twist and go no gears, to deal with.

Generally used in towns and cities.

125cc Motorbike - No storage accept with added luggage, has gears, great trainer for bigger bikes.

Generally used more on open road longer journeys.

I love  motorbikes ... so could see no benefits for a scooter lol - I just feel they are potentially more dangerous (but maybe that is my experience of the local delivery guys =- who drive like nutters!) (I don't envy them - time limited at high traffic times) 

I don't like scooters either, and round town some of the riders are total nutters. But I was going up the A49 from Hereford towards Whitchurch the other day and there was a 125 scooter which was clearly able to keep up with traffic. The rider wasn't too clued up about road position or keeping lines of sight clear but the bike itself looked to be reasonably competent up to 60mph. Probably not much left for overtaking buts that's true of most 125s.

If she is asking the question. scooter or motorbike. I would suggest a scooter might suit her needs better. for a first bike. she can always switch if she gets a taste for it and wants to move beyond a 125. Though the super scooters are pretty good too. Theres one in particular that Im very tempted by and every time I go to the Honda dealership do my best to avoid asking for a test ride for fear of liking it too much. Its a 750 mind.

If she does decide on a scooter. Japanese or Italian only. don't be tempted by anything Chinese.