Brake bleeding valve

Angela Collen

Hi all, I have found suitable brake bleeding valve at David Silver and dust cover on another site to fit my historic honda cb400nc superdream to make bleeding brakes easier (as helpful replies on earlier posting suggested), have source new braided brake lines, question, do you permanently replace bleeding nipple with new valve and do I bleed brakes before or after fitting new brake lines? Sorry to all you experienced guys who may think this is stupid question, just want to do good job, thanks

Hello again @Angela Collen

If you're replacing the lines then you will be emptying the whole system, get it clean while you're at if and when all done you will refill the system with new fluid.

Pointless to bleed it before that.

Would be nice if you could share the link for the valve you got :)

Unless there is some wear into the nipples I would leave them as they are. I'm sure you will find somewhere else to spend the money.

Maybe it's worth checking the calipers and pads if you haven't already. Not that you need to bleed the brakes when replacing the pads. The same isn't true if you need to work in the calipers' pistons and seals.

Thank you husoi (legend) very helpful advise, my next job is to check front calipers and pads on back for condition,  the link for brake valve is https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk  on this site you can put in your bike details to get correct one or other parts he may stock

• Like 1