cordura jacket?

while out on a trip. instead of us carrying our jackets.

we put the jacket inside the side cases as you may well know you can't fold these neatly.

having put them in will this damage the membrane or what ever?

every year I give them a clean and retreat it with Nikwax.

Would roll them work instead?

You won't be bending the.

I treat my water proofs with a marine product.

It is EXCELLENT!!!!

Stinks as a fart in a wet suit after a curry night but is brilliant, got  it from a marine shop up in Inverness

image.thumb.jpeg.93acf181c8b6562c9efb898667028a2d.jpeg

Do it outside and follow the instructions...

much better off with a laminated goretex jacket. this can be cordura or other. no worries then about folding and no need to ever treat the outer with anything. totally pointless actually.

the only reason to go for an inner layer now is so you can remove it when the sky is blue and the heat intolerable.

I wouldn't buy a jacket with a fixed inner layer.. ie a separate membrane that's fixed in place. this is to my mind the worst of all worlds (unless its a winter jacket).

I would rather spend that little bit extra for laminate. its not like laminate is overly expensive now like it was 10 years ago. its fast becoming the norm. unless you are opting for genuinely budget gear.

goretex or its clones is flexible and cannot be hurt by normal folding.

If as is predicted heatwaves are going to become normal then during the summer you would be better served by wearing a fully vented jacket. like the Forsair. and carrying a waterproof outer (or over) layer to put on if downpours are predicted or a deluge is about to happen.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1

all my jackets have removable linings.

my winter one is made by oxford.was summer used but the lime green pattern has faded. so I bought a cheap pair for summer £40 each.

£500 or more is a bit much for me to swallow.

thanks anyway.