Yamaha WR125 leaking coolant

Nicki_WR

While off-road on a wet day I went to put my foot out when stopped. It slipped out from underneath me meaning the bike and myself went to the deck (on the left hand side). It wasn’t fast and no damage was done to the bike (or myself) however when I did the usual inspection after swallowing my pride I noticed coolant leaking from the top of the radiator. 

up until now every ride there’s been no leaks, it seems to only happen when the bikes hot. I’ve checked pipes to the radiator and they’re all okay, could it be coming from the radiator cap? 

any ideas are appreciated 😊

Could be a hairline fracture in the radiator, one that opens up and starts to weep when it gets hot. I think if it we me, I'd try some Radweld, but I'm a bit of a bodger and others here will come along with more professional ideas.

If you've got a pick of the bike with the leak, would be helpful.

If it pipe Cod the pipe have a tiny nick that only opens when hot?

If its the bottle you find the crack, for a short to medium time fix is plastic weld.. its abit like soldering wires, the other way is fibre glass, similar to car or better yet plastic body work kits.

metal putty you can use for quick to medium term. 

for the rad / aluminium you can have it welded properly but that wil cost money and time.

Edited by RideWithStyles