2nd hand 125cc

Jordenn

I have a 124cc sym jet 4, when I’m riding 35/40mph flat, up hill 20mph the bike feels like it’s pulling back and trying to stop and struggling to go any faster ( only way I can describe it) does anyone know what this could be. Weather conditions is constant rain. I’m new to biking and first ever bike. So no idea why this is happening bc I thought with it been a 125cc I’d definitely get higher than 20-30mph uphill with out the bike feeling like it’s going to throw me off or sto any min lol

IMG_2076.png

Edited by Jordenn

7 hours ago, megaross said:

Shitty fuel or clogged air filter are top contenders, possibly sludgy oil.

Could be something else like a vacuum leak or throttle not opening fully but I'd service it first. Tbh any vehicle I buy I fully service first thing. 

Thank you that’s really helpful. I haven’t it had it serviced. Now I’ve googled it I understand what goes into it and that is a must. 

8 minutes ago, Jordenn said:

Thank you that’s really helpful. I haven’t it had it serviced. Now I’ve googled it I understand what goes into it and that is a must. 

Honestly not too hard to do yourself, most bikes you're best off getting into the fettling sooner than later.

I tend to find if you keep on top of the little jobs the bike won't ever let you down and it'll be a lot more pleasurable to own and ride.

7 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Get a proper mechanical to check the cvt drive, if the belts or other parts not right it can be slipping.

Thank u so much

2 minutes ago, megaross said:

Honestly not too hard to do yourself, most bikes you're best off getting into the fettling sooner than later.

I tend to find if you keep on top of the little jobs the bike won't ever let you down and it'll be a lot more pleasurable to own and ride.

Not had it serviced yet I’ve owned bike about two weeks now so will definitely get it booked in for a service this week

Good to get it looked over properly by a good trustworthy mechanic first, then you can learn afterwards to do basic service in the meantime to save money and leave the big (worthy) jobs to a mechanic if you so wish? 

As Megaross said they are simple for even basic service of oil and filter changes thats shouldnt be too difficult with basic tools.

The other than brakes (simple enough just clean regular and throughly) the only other thing you have to get right is the cvt (which is a good gearbox unit in general) but it doesn't cope well if mistreated.
I saw a burgman (big scooter) with many destroyed pieces at a garage the other week, when abroad the mechanic in germany didnt do the tension and bolts up correctly and it destroyed itself a day or so later, not a cheap fix either. 

But don't let that put you off, all im saying just to make sure it's in good shape and it will serve well.

so how many miles has it had? service history? what has been done in that service and by who?