ybr125 code 19 bike won't start, EFI

stevec2003

hi,  I bought this bike from auction, my first (and last!) EFI bike. 2016 YBR125. So I attempted to put on a new ignition but that didn't fit, so I linked out the cables red to brown and black to black/white as per the wiring diagram. The ignition comes on and everything works lights, indicators starter motor etc, just no spark and no fuel (can't smell any anyway) if you turn it over it flashes up one long and 9 short flashes on the management light. (code 19). All the youtube and forums say faulty ignition barrel. Have I wired something up wrong? 

I have checked continuity between the black white from the ignition to the ecu and its ok, the only thing that doesn't come on is the neutral light. 

If I have the ignition on and insert the ecu the fuel pump will spark up so there is power getting to the ecu.

The only other thing is that the headlight relay is missing, would that have any bearing on the situation?

What should I check next, I am at a loss. 

cheers Steve

some bikes don't like to be started in gear even with the clutch in so if the bike is not in neutral it wont start.

so if it thinks its not in neutral, due to the gear position (gbox or sensor) or timing it wont start.

sometimes if you roll the bike a few inches (out of gear but most of the time its more reliable to do it if in gear 1st or second) moves the trigger sensor so it will start.

Edited by RideWithStyles

hi thanks for reply, you are right it wont start in gear, however on the ybr if its in gear it won't turn over at all, like if the side stand is down. and mine is spinning over. many thanks steve