Newbie after some help please

JohnJive650

Hello and thank you for allowing me to join the group 

I'm after some recommendations on my next bike please. 

I have a 11 month old Honda CBR650R. It's a good bike but boring. Plus I get wrist ache, something I've never experienced on sportsbikes in the past. 

I'm thinking of something with power, comfort, economy and not boring. It doesn't have to be new but 2 or 3 years max.  All suggestions will be appreciated. Not Harleys though. 

Cheers 👍

Hi! 

well the wrist ache could be down to a few reasons, handle bar/clip ons rake (how turned in or flat they are), height, reach into relation to your other body dimensions and placement on the bike.

i'll assume it's within the same type and engine size your keeping to? Triumph trident, aprillia 650, yamaha r7, ktm 790....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Hi! 

well the wrist ache could be down to a few reasons, handle bar/clip ons rake (how turned in or flat they are), height, reach into relation to your other body dimensions and placement on the bike.

i'll assume it's within the same type and engine size your keeping to? Triumph trident, aprillia 650, yamaha r7, ktm 790....

I've had GSXRs and never experienced any aches or pains. In fact it effects my right hand, still aches after a ride of 70 mls last Saturday 

I'm contemplating another Suzuki. Perhaps the GSX S1000

I want to get something that'll want to keep. I know I'll take a big hit on the CBR650R 

Sorry to hear you've not gelled with the bike.

I guess it's another sportsbike you're after? What about an Aprilia Tuono? Or if you're not in the market for an M1000R, you might think about a S1000R or RR.

• Like 1

thats the thing to save you from the same mistake, a part from the wrist what is it that actually makes it boring to you? 

if its the engine design and character? -is the inline 4 just so smooth and not talking/engaging enough for you then a bigger inline 4 is generally the same thing but even harder to achieve only its upper range reach is higher so to really engage with it your needing to go faster which has its own troubles or stay in the first two gears...

have you tried a different engine configuration? triple and twin from a different manufacturer? they might just be what you're looking for?

• Like 1