Hello from near Edinburgh

muldoon74

New rider, 30 years behind the curve but loving it now I've managed to actually get started..

Done cbt in May last year, looked for a 2nd hand 125 but up here they're like hens teeth and massively overpriced..

Decided therefore to go new so went to honda in Edinburgh and got what I think is a good deal. (£88 a month, 3 years, £100 deposit. Honda restricted use loan, bike is mine it's not pcp or hp).

Brand new first registration honda cb125f. Could've gone Chinese but feel they lose too much money far too quickly.

My little honda doing fine so far. Notched up 1400 miles since October, first service done and dusted at 700 miles..

The following pics are from several wee ride outs ranging from Anstruther, south Queensferry, burnt island, knockhill, Kincardine and Rosyth..  today was Knockhill and beyond, 80+ miles, 2 hours or so. 

Whilst I'm loving the cb I'm hoping to do conversion and das training/test by September. After that looking at sv650, cb500, cb500x, vstrom 650, older cbf600... 

Aiming to get to Tyndrum for a bacon roll at the green wellie stop by early June. 

IMG-20240428-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20240421-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240217-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20240225-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20240217-WA0008.jpg

PXL_20240127_104155322.jpg

PXL_20240211_131607896.jpg

PXL_20231231_132324188~3.jpg

IMG-20240428-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20240428-WA0033.jpg

• Like 8

Great pics, green Welly not what it used to be but it's a nice run out.

Resale value of your honda will be much higher than your box of Chinese bits you would have had 😂 good choice.

Hi, definitely the correct choice now and what you have in mind for your next bike.

advice is don't rush just to get the next bike yet even straight after das, learn from your current bike and equipment/gear, whats good and not, what you like/ bugs you? researching (not marketing bs) will help you make a good solid choice to make it cheaper/better/safer for your next purchases.

16 hours ago, Bender said:

Great pics, green Welly not what it used to be but it's a nice run out.

Resale value of your honda will be much higher than your box of Chinese bits you would have had 😂 good choice.

Been to the wellies a few times over the years and now very much a case of dodge the American but still a great target destination coz I have to use A84/82... Can't wait. Been up there loads with work ranging from vans to 26t.. now for the real fun...

Also meant to put in a comparison on o e of the photos...

image.png.037a22946deb328bfaeece6cf40082f4.png

Accidentally put a 26t into the ditch... Went back with bike year and a half later to take cheeky pic... Exact same spot. 

processed-586e282b-b867-414f-bae9-ad7ab8d48c80_X8DNbzB1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 01/05/2024 at 08:43, Nick the wanderer said:

Accidentally put a 26t into the ditch.

ooh unlucky, did the wind take you or were you looking out of the window?

Mainly the wind....

Unfortunately the ground off the road was soft grass on peat... Had no chance as soon as front wheel came off road. Ground just gave way after about 15feet...

Edited by muldoon74

15 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Mainly the wind....

Unfortunately the ground off the road was soft grass on peat... Had no chance as soon as front wheel came off road. Ground just gave way after about 15feet...

It happens, sharpens the mind after something like that I find. People think it's a doddle driving around but it's not.

20 hours ago, blueovalcraig said:

Nice wee bike that, how are you finding it ? 

Fantastic.

The only annoyance is the lack of power. Yes I know it's only a 125 at 10.6hp and I'm no lightweight but I am looking forward to getting up hills with more ease when I get license and bigger bike. 

Other than that, fuel economy, comfort (up to a point), value for money...

8 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

It happens, sharpens the mind after something like that I find. People think it's a doddle driving around but it's not.

I probably did have half a mind on last three drops and I was full of confidence/cockiness (only driving them for 3 months at that point) so it did bring me down a peg or two and made me concentrate more in my next job as I sacked/required to resign because of it. Moral of the story is never work for DHL, they couldn't give a stuff about employees.