'06 Honda Hornet 600 Suspension Help

I recently acquired a low mileage Honda Hornet 600 and am looking for a rear shock upgrade. This bike is not common in the US and information regarding this topic is no where to be found. Is there a rear shock from a different bike that will mount in? Any tips and/or advice is appreciated.

I have looked at Ohlins and Nitron, but it is hard to justify spending that much money on such a bike as they are not very sought after over here. I will look into Hyperpro also. I have heard YSS is a popular budget brand to use as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

7 hours ago, liquidsnke said:

I have looked at Ohlins and Nitron, but it is hard to justify spending that much money on such a bike as they are not very sought after over here. I will look into Hyperpro also. I have heard YSS is a popular budget brand to use as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Anything is better than stock in my opinion. 
You could always look at replacing the spring rather than the whole shock to save money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RideWithStyles said:

but thats only if the spring is under or over ratio for your weight as std, if the oil/gas and valving isn't working properly for you then that needs addressing...

Thats why i said resale is a plus! keep the standard in the garage or what ever, use the new one (ohlins, nitron etc) doent have to be highest spec as their cheapest road shocks are more that enough for heavy track use, look after it and when you sell the bike you can either sell with adding value or take it off and swap to the std shock, sell separately or put on your next bike. most are the same body (unless you really change bike style) but only the fixture ends (most swappable) will be different. either way you'll barely loose money on one while any from a bike brand model up youll always have to junk it.

I did not know about the ends being swappable, that makes spending more money a bit easier knowing I can use it on the next one possibly. Any tips for fork springs and/or valving. I am looking at Race Tech or K-tech right now.