The new DSA motorcycle practical test...

Guest KawasakiAndy

• 2 weeks later...
The test has now been postponed yet again to the 27th April. A few extra weeks folks, get those tests booked in! 8-)

Hi Andy, do u have any links confirming this please? Have looked on DSA website and cant find anything. Ta :)

Hi, no links yet... but i work closely with the dsa on a daily basis and can confirm that from a recent conference the new test has been delayed EVEN FURTHER! :lol:

I expect that they will make it public soon :)

:D :D :D :D :D Yus hopefully it is delayed until the end of April, gives me the chance to do more training when i turn 17 next month and maybe the chance to re-sit if I fail(hopefully i wont't!). :D :D :cheers: :cheers:

Hi, no links yet... but i work closely with the dsa on a daily basis and can confirm that from a recent conference the new test has been delayed EVEN FURTHER! :lol:

I expect that they will make it public soon :)

Thanks Andy... soon as new day is announced can u pop link up for us ta :)

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=402

"The recent consultation regarding proposals to introduce the new test in modular format has just ended. Many thanks to those of you who have taken part and contributed.

Results are currently being collated and the response to consultation is in progress. We anticipate the decision being announced in early February.

Subject to the decision, any changes in regulations will be completed by 30 March as we aim to start conducting the new test on Monday 27 April."

So it looks like it could well be April 27th for the new test and maybe later than that as it says "we aim to start conducting the new test on Monday 27th of April. :D :D

I've just confused my self, is this test just for people doing their DAS or is it for people doing the A2 license as well?

I've always though it was the A2 test....

:oops:

Blame the EU bill.

L4I: Its just the actual test that is changing, the licenses are all staying the same. A2 and DAS divide is still the same, 2 year restriction period etc. etc.

Andy

Blame the EU bill.

L4I: Its just the actual test that is changing, the licenses are all staying the same. A2 and DAS divide is still the same, 2 year restriction period etc. etc.

Andy

Oh right was just checking to see who the test its self applied to..

I've just read over that website on the first page, it says it wont take very long, so hopefully it wont be that much harder or longer.

I actually took the test when it was in its very early stages in july 2007, it was pouring down with rain (typical july weather :wink:) and i actually found the test to be easier than the current one. I could do the u-turn on a zx-9!! There are no distractions or dangers as there would be on a normal road, it is very much like a 'harder' cbt, being harder only because you are actually being tested on manouvers and not tought them like a cbt. The rest of the tasks are very simple, and i would imagine anyone in a position to take the test would have NO problem with completing the whole test comfortably. :)

I emailed the DSA to see whether you can do the existing test until April 27th.

I emailed them saying "Hi, am I right in saying that the new test does not commence until April 27th? Can I therefore book/take the current test up until that date(April 27th)? Thanks"

Got a reply today saying:

"Thank you for your email. The new test will go-live on Monday 27th April 2009, the existing test will continue until Friday 24th April 2009. You will need to book your test in good time prior to mid March in order to obtain a test before this date. The opening of the new booking window will be published on the DSA website shortly.

Many thanks"

Get your tests booked asap people!! Worst thing is where I live there aren't an abundance of dates available at all. The only one available atm is March 6th(so the DSA website says) but surely there will be further dates?

is there anyway of finding out what dates are available for current practical wiothout having your CBT number or driving license?

i just want to know if there are any Saturdays left!

I checked for my area the other day and there was one test slot available today but the rest were all in april. However those in april were all pretty much the same few days so it looks like there are slot available then. You need to book in march at the latest though from what I recall else you'll be doing the new test.