Braking in new leather trousers...

Guest Orkney_Rob

Got some shiny new (2006 vintage but never worn) RST Pro series leather trousers off eBay yesterday. Just wondering how long it takes to brake em in to being comfortable! They aren't too bad, but nothing compared to my old unarmoured Held leathers which have had over a decades worth of beer poured over them and are now the most supple things ever! They used to be less comfortable than these RSTs and stood up on their own in the corner of the room... so I have high hopes of these new ones just getting better and better! Just throwing my leg over the bike is a bit of an issue at the moment (damn those mountain bikers thighs!)

Any tips on getting em battered into comfort sooner would be most appreciated too!

Cheers!

Just wear them all the time......

In bed, at work, down the pub...etc....

They will soon be comfy......

I have just bought an Alpinestars 2 piece and that is still like cardboard.....but they will get comfy as I wear them everywhere....

....my boss is getting a bit concerned tho... :lol:

Got a graduation do at the weekend... says formal... wondering if full leathers would count as a suit ;-)

I think I basically need to a) sweat in em and b) drink in em. That used to sort these things out pretty quickly!!!

Well I am sure at the Graduation do you will:

a) be drinking alot

b) sweating alot with all the celebrations going on...

Just wear 'em.....I bet the girls will love 'em.... :twisted:

Getting how and sweaty in em seems the key... should pop em on and go for a jog around the lion enclosure at Blair Drummond Safari Park (it is strange walking the dog of a morning to the sounds of lions roaring... in the Scottish countryside!)

I shall endeavour to wear them as much as I can bear once I get back from CAT next week... and work come to think of it (not sure Cumbria is ready for me in leathers pulling sewage pumps out the ground just yet... and they would get filthy). Shame they are a bit Power Ranger (something I vowed never to do... but hell, they were cheap... and I wanted something with decent protection in em for no cash!) If they were more understated I would have taken em to the beer festival next weekend and given them a solid dowsing with real ale!

I never wear my leather trousers cos I'm a fat B'tard and they don't fit me. :lol:

I have one pair that fit perfectly apart from the very bottom of the legs where the zips won't do up over my calfs.

the leathers have been layed out in my spare room for over a month now with coke bottles stuffed up the legs :lol:

Still can't do zips up :lol:

stretch pannels are your friends ;-)

I think the fabric is under serious tension over my legs both calf and thigh! Once the leather gives in a little though they are going to be grand... I was wondering if there was any oil or anything that could be applied to speed up the process (I could try the dregs of my homebrew if all else fails!)

Excellent - cheers!

Just about to set off for rural Wales so will probably stumble across some saddle soap on my way (that was one of the things I had been thinking about)... failing that Auto Glym - sure I can find that easy enough ;-)

As a rule you should get some leather protector and feeder anyway mate... Eventually untreated leathers become brittle and just as useless in an accident as normal clothing.

Agreed though when I use Autoglym on my leathers they feel a lot better.