derestricting a 4 stroke 125

chris128

4 stroke 125s aren’t much fun, a 2 stroke 125 is better but a 2 stroke 250 is better still!, preferably made by Aprilia or Honda if you can find one:

http://raresportbikesforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/MCs-2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Sound advice look for an Aprilia ,they go really well not much can  catch them,.

I  own a 125 Kawasaki ninja its not very fast it ,i bought it  to keep riding because my other bikes are too heavy, 

i still own a triumph street triple whish is fast and light

I know this is an ancient thread but here's my 2p worth . Buy any decent Chinese 125 that's CG 125 based and stick a 150 cc conversion on it . Oh ,  and don't tell anyone . 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well it's 2023! Happy New Year!

Many people like their 125 and would keep them after passing thier Test if they were just 10-20mph faster. If you fall into that category I would recommend looking at other engines that will fit into your frame ,maybe a 250cc or other Cylinder Heads available for your bike ie. 150,170,180cc where you are only changing the head not the body of your engine. And, don't tell a Soul.

Best advice is "use not abuse". Use a 125 to learn on and maintain it well then when you pass your test you can still get what you paid for it and you have cash to chose a bike that suits your Performance needs. A tampered with 125 doesn't inspire confidence in potential buyers and will often sell for less than a standard bike.

Back in the late 80's, I ran a Stage 1 Dynojetted NS125F which did 90mph everywhere but I had to get new Pistons and Rings every 3 months !