stupid questions...

As i'm doing my best to wait till New Year before forking out for my first bike, AND being stuck at work at this silly hour, thought i would keep myself busy with a couple of those questions you're almost too embaressed to ask!

1) What is a Scottoiler, and what does it do exactly? All i know is they are an aftermarket thing, and something to do with better chain maintainence / wear.

2) Whats the difference in the tints and iridiums on aftermarket visors? I know the obvious about how much light they let through, and wearing a tint on a bright day is a good idea, but always keep the clear to hand in case the Police stop you.... but i have a pair of Iridium Oakleys that are superb. When the weather is poo they brighten it all up and make it crystal clear, and when the the weather is super bright, they keep it crystal clear but do the job of a pair of sunglasses. They are just a kinda brown colour lens. Does an iridium visor do the same thing, but with a slight colour tint, like gold, silver or blue as i've seen?

Thanks all - especially those that answer at the same time of night as i'm typing!!

:lol: a scotoiler is basically a bottle of oil, some tube and a pump. It's meant to lube your chain automatically. So improve chain life and mean you don't have to adjust it so often.

Some tinted visors are legal, iridium are not as far as I know, can't help with other part of question I'm afraid as I've never used 1 :lol:

A scottoiler works by utilising the vacuum created by the carbs to push oil at a predetermined rate down a tube and onto the rear sprocket, where by centrifual force (the one that pulls out when spinning) drags the oil to the chain and into the X/O rings thus porolonging the life of a chain.

I've had one, but didn't thing much of it, and haven't put a new one on the latest toy.

if your a fill it and forget type its for you, but i'd rather wax a chain once every couple of runs and know its being taken care of and check the adjustment..

Iridium visors are tinted, but have a mirror like overfinish, as with most things, get an eager cop on a gloomy day and you might have some questions, or have to swap it back for a clear one, that said, i prefer my blue iridium to a black tint,

same goes for plates, exhausts etc, they tend to be fine, but can be used to add up if your caught for anything more serious..

Simon

same goes for plates, exhausts etc, they tend to be fine, but can be used to add up if your caught for anything more serious..

you cant get points for a visor, plates or exhaust either :)

another note if you wear sungalsses its legal until you lift your visor up as its not E marked eye protection :wink:

you cant get points for a visor, plates or exhaust either

another note if you wear sungalsses its legal until you lift your visor up as its not E marked eye protection

I know you can't get points, but they may be added to the list of misdemeanors...

either way, plod will not be helpful....