What Earplugs?

If you've ever got off the bike, after a long ride, and your ears are ringing.... thats your ears telling you they don't like it!!!

Also helps reduce fatigue, and trust me it is really noticeable if you spend any length of time in the saddle...

Incidentally, you thought any more about heated grips, or am I confusing you with someone else???

yer that is me i did ask before, agreed i will definately get some ear plugs, and i am thinking of getting some but im not very techinical and i dont know if my bike could have them, is it something worth spedning money on

Assuming you bike will cope with the current draw, yes most definately, I wasn't very pleased with them before, on my Pan they weren't very good. I have fitted some to the blade and they are so much better... Yes, they are worth it.

I gotta say i really wish I'd started wearing ear plugs as soon as I started to ride, my hearing is terrible now and I get tinnitus too.

After just 15min IIRC you start to do PERMANENT damage to your hearing when you are unprotected!

On my KTM it is going so much slower so therefore less wind noise, speeds a 125 is likely to be doing and after a bit my ears still ring if I don't wear them (it is unbaffled tho)

My friends and myself have also found that we ride smoother, faster and better plus are less tired after a days scratching when wearing earplugs compared to when we don't.

You only got one set of ears, shame to be like me... 33 and partially deaf. Will probably affect my job soon and then I'm totally screwed! Think about it, buy some and wear them whenever you ride! :)

Its not the volume of the noise so much as the constant frequency.

Good job i'm a sonar supervisor isn't it! :wink:

I'm a sonar maintainer, so if me ears go, the work goes! :shock: :shock:

Got some ear plugs today, from boots, reuseable foam ones with a carry case oo, felt odd at first but it feels like a nicer ride, and when i got back and took them out my ears felt better for it, so thanks alot for the tip guys i owe you one.

There's an ear plug review in last months Two Wheels (or could it be Bike?! - one of the two). If you can get your hands on a copy it was quite useful . Basically found that the cheap ones were actually the best!

There's an ear plug review in last months Two Wheels (or could it be Bike?! - one of the two). If you can get your hands on a copy it was quite useful . Basically found that the cheap ones were actually the best!

If your thinking of the same one as me, it was bike.

They had two bike paramedics test them during work.

But it didn't have a score system just a description of the good & bad of each plug by the reviewers. As far as I could tell the ones I use and posted earlier in this thread came out near if not top.

They didn't test any custom moulded ones though.

I got a set made up by these guys:

http://www.ultimateear.com/

I always found with all the disposable ones that I used, one ear always hada better fit than the other but these seem to do the business. Bit pricey but probably cheaper than hearing aids!

I've often wondered about these yaan. How good are they? On a scale of 1 to 10 sort of thing...

I lost my Ultimate ear plugs but while I had them I remember them being rather uncomfortable - squishy ones fit better, are more comfortable to wear and are a dang sight cheaper - oh and if you lose just one it doesn't matter!

I lost my Ultimate ear plugs but while I had them I remember them being rather uncomfortable - squishy ones fit better, are more comfortable to wear and are a dang sight cheaper - oh and if you lose just one it doesn't matter!

exceptionally valid point!! I'm happy with the disposables I finally sourced thru work... At 9p a pair, I think I'll stick with them! (and a noise reduction of 37db)

I'll be finding out... Just ordered myself 60 to try out. Always plentiful amounts of good advice on here! :cheers: