Didnt get my CBT

Gutted, was all prepared today, up at 730am to do my 20mile trip to the test centre. Got all kitted up for 9am. First problem, boots were a bit on the big side. Then after class was time to go out on the off road practice area. By this time i found out, i was the only person that has never ridden a motorbike. GOt off to a pretty bad start! kept stalling the bike, then when i did get it going, my hands done something they should and it fell on its side (costing me 50 quid for parts!) Anyways, I kept persevering, although it was clear i was the slowest in the group. Dinner time came and i didnt have the confidence to go out on the road, the instructor thought it might be better i got a bit more practice, So called it a day at that. Aint giving in though, going again next wed, and my wee bike is going to be road legal tomorrow, so got friends who have offered to ride it to an old disused car park so i can practice. Heres hoping :)

Awwww don't worry hunni, you'll crack it. You're not the only person who hasn't had their CBT cert straight off, but it will happen. You just need a tad more practice and to build your confidence up.

It's a shame you were in with a group of peeps that had been on bikes before, because that probably made you feel under a bit of pressure and that you were holding the group back. Next time you go...blow everyone else and just do things at your own pace.

Good luck.

X Will X

Hate to pee on your parade but I'm pretty sure you can be done for riding on a carpark unless you have a licence, or in your case a CBT.

Just in case some of your locals decide to call the Police on the grounds that you're larking about.

Oh - and it isn't your fault - it is the fault of the CBT instructor, he should have stuck with you until you were competent, after all that's what you paid your money for.

Guest philgale

dont worry about it......i dont see why you had to pay 50 notes for parts, surely its covered on the insurance hence why you pay so f-ing much to do your CBT

dont worry about it......i dont see why you had to pay 50 notes for parts, surely its covered on the insurance hence why you pay so f-ing much to do your CBT

:shock: :? ? can't believe they're charging you!

dropped the bike twice on my das and no mention of paying for damage. all instructor - and owner of school - where worried about was if i was ok. not heard of anyone else being charged either

and good luck for wednesday :D

The give insurance, but it states that if you bust parts you pay, If its a complete write off then it costs £500 excess! so can be fairly expensive.

The car park im talking about is way out in the middle of nowhere, about a mile from any houses, and closed off, can still get a bike through though. A few people use it, checked and it isnt classed as a public place so all ok there. I think one of my problems aswell was that i was getting so peeved off at myself that i wasnt concentrating properly. Anyway. As they say, if you fall off the horse get right back on, so thats what i'm gonna do. I've got a wee bike that i need to work my was towards.

The guy at the test centre say they've got roughly a 60% pass rate, eg if they put 10 students through a weekend, only 6 get out on the road. Unfortunately its the only one nearish to me and its 20miles away

I absolutely shat myself on my CBT, didn't have any confidence to go out on the road, even on a scooter! There was just a mental block there for me, and I couldn't do it. I went back the next weekend, jumped straight on the scooter and straight out onto the road after about 10 minutes. Now I am happily whizzing around on a proper motorbike, with gears, and I love it - no problems now :) You will be OK when you get the hang of it! You just need practice :) I absolutely *love* riding my bike now! Can't wait to move to something bigger :)

• 3 weeks later...

I can't beleive i even passed my 50cc CBT.

I nearly caused a crash between me and my instructor and was then following the wrong speedo set because it was a foreign bike and i was going 20kph instead of 30mph

Silly really been riding bikes since i was 3 and half and did silly mistakes like that.

Pressure gets to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know! That's horrendous!

I would change instructors if I could.... its up to them to judge the level that the students are at, and group accordingly, or at least give u more time and attention than the others who are more competent... i hope you got a free go with them this time?? Good luck 8-)

• 4 months later...

you'll get it mate... I was scared, having never ridden a bike either... I went on the road ride, and we were doing 60MPH, until I looked down, and i was actually only doing 30mph!

After a few miles the fear goes, and it feels natural, you'll love it!

Good Luck Mate..

D3nch

you'll get it mate... I was scared, having never ridden a bike either... I went on the road ride, and we were doing 60MPH, until I looked down, and i was actually only doing 30mph!

After a few miles the fear goes, and it feels natural, you'll love it!

Good Luck Mate..

D3nch

This thread is 6 months old.. can i ask why you brought it up??

Sure hes past test now :)

lol I dont understand how people find these threads from 6 months ago by accident :S I thought the forum just automatically sorted the threads in date order, newest first, so you would have to go to like page 40 to get to the 6 month old ones...

EDIT: oh I just realised that cos this is a new section there are some older threads that have been moved here and are still on page one, my mistake :mrgreen:

I didn't pass first time either - I was only the only person that had never ridden a bike or driven a car before both times. I was surprised, to be honest - did anyone else find this? I would have expected to find at least one other person there for whom a bike was a first step, rather than a step back from a car.

I passed the second time on a twist and go moped - got my bike delivery tomorrow, and having some training from my dad or a friend in a car park near me, hopefully.

Keep at it.

Years ago my mate got a 125 from dealer at 9am. I was trying to show him how to let the clutch out for hours on forecourt. Took me till 8pm before he was able to stagger home on it. He never was a knee scrapper but rode bikes for years after. :lol: those were the days lmao