Nodding

DG

<t>Do you nod to fellow bikers??</t>  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you nod to fellow bikers??

• yes
    • No

My nephew has just started riding with L plates on a bike (not moped) and he`s thrilled when he get a friendly nod from other bikers so its obvious. YES I nod at virtually everything. Not chavs in fcuking track suits.

I was going to make a thread about this myself!

Being a Learner, I am amazed at how many nods I get, just because Im a biker, I get waved at when Im stopped too, it really is a spirit lifter!

So, I always try nod first no matter what.

I always nod or if bimbling will wave, get a positive reaction most times, Harleys/Beemers are the main non wavers etc. In Germany, bikers take their left hand off and hold it down, you reply which is a bit odd when there are 15 of em, you get cramp.

serial nodders seem to be the same people who'll stop or at least slow down till they get a thumbs up if your stopped somewhere incase you've broke it.

In Germany, bikers take their left hand off and hold it down, you reply which is a bit odd when there are 15 of em, you get cramp.

Well you wouldn't want to see a load of German bikers with their right arms raised coming towards you, would you?http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/snagglepuss_album/motorcycle6.jpg

Chavs Chavs Chavs...

They really bite everyone's arse don't they?I nod unless I'm going too quick to.

Pisses me off when others dont' and they have clearly seen you. Ignorant Twats! :evil:

always wave if possible, had some interesting looks as I heel the Pan over to go round the Cuckoo Bridge roundabout :twisted: ........big wave and bigger grin WOOHOOOOOO :lol: . waving is a lot less tiring if there's a lot of bikes or a large group of em coming t'other way, and you don't look like you've got a neurological problem. Always wave to bike plod, know the D&G ones well. Worst thing is trying not to nod when I'm in the car :shock: :P

Guest nigelf

I always give the royal wave when on the thing with wings!

Strangly in Europe they also shake the leg on the passing side...

I wish the helmet on the floor behind the back wheel was used more often to signal "bugger me ive broken down and could do with a little help"

Nigel

I wish the helmet on the floor behind the back wheel was used more often to signal "bugger me ive broken down and could do with a little help"

Nigel

maybe if more peeps knew about it they would

Nigel

i was told its helmet on the offside mirror - maybe it varies? i was told by a brummie

My God Chicane, you have bike cops dressed in Dolce and Gabbana........whatever next!!

Officer Cowie probably has, plays the 'thick punter' in all the training vids, missed his calling cos he's a brilliant comedian and comic actor, the bikesafe thingies are worth it just to see him in action. The man should have his own syndicated TV show.

I waved a two-fingered salut to the twonk in a beemer z-series convertable that pulled off a very dodgy overtake near Skipdale last week .........

:twisted:

wow, thats a pretty overwhelming result then eh? :D

Think most bikers nod tbh, unless their either concentrating on riding, or traffic conditions, oh, or you're riding a moped! :lol:

Cue opening big can of worms 8)

This is a whole new world to me.

I nod, wave etc with the best of them, and fell I am part of an elite `clique`, which sets of a slight twitch in the old trouser department. :?

As I am a trucker also, I flash and wave to other truckers. But Im a petrol tanker driver, and I find that general haulge drivers detest us tanker drivers for some reason, as very little in the way of a response comes back.

But, is this just a Scotland thing, I dont know. So, any other truckers on here I do apologise in advance, fo rthe above comment.

So, basically, my whole day is taken up by acknowledging other road users.

so, yes, I nod. :D

Tam, I drive occasionally and I would flash anything, sometimes even white van man if he is not doing 90 and I am particulaly bored.

Certainly can't see why you are not flashed just driving a tanker, unless they are jealous of the vast income you guys have!!! :shock:

Keith,

I think you may have nailed it there, fella.

But, at the end of the day, we are doing the same stuff, distributing goods.

Ah, I flash and wave to anyone who flashes me. Just being curtious and all.

I most certinly do or wave depending on what I am thinking at the Time...

In Europe I like it a little better they hold out there left hand which is fine if you drive on the wrond side of the road....LOL

Mmmmh - just some dry toast, a little garlic butter and a bucket to vomit into

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m66/Fiskkeeper/Others/canofworms.jpg