Nodding

DG

<t>Do you nod to fellow bikers??</t>  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you nod to fellow bikers??

• yes
    • No

Wow! What a response and looking at the poll results every one of us is a nodder!! HA ha! How cool is that?

Happy nodding folks!

Gav

I nod/wave/flash to anyone wearing bike gear.

If you're in:

your tracksuit,

t-shirt and shorts

jeans and jumper

basically non protective clothing

you will be ignored 8)

Fella nods to ANYTHING on two wheels - i think he just manages to stop himself at cyclists when he whooshes past and realises the thing on their head is not really a helmet :?

I'm still learning the nod - was just nicely getting into it before bike disappeared :( but I refuse to nod at mopeds. Most in the city are women commuting 'cos their fellas spent all the money on flash Golfs trying to look cool or 'chavs' flapping in their thin fashion clothes. Though out this weekend we saw quite a variety inc two youngish lads on 600s with no gloves or protective gear yet riding sensibly following sunday drivers :scratch:

So many comments on here hit home - being nodded at gives you a 'fuzzy' feeling and spreads the grin on your face. Or blokes trying to peer round my fella to check out the 'missus' on the back - so glad can't see their disappointment after they've passed us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

keep on nodding :thumb:

GSX-R You Nod/flash to anyone wearing bike gear.

But not if they are not wearing protective clothing.

What would you do if they were naked !!!!!!!!!!

Thats for when I flash 8) not with the lights :wink:

Have noticed that Hardly polishers/users/riders very, very seldom nod so I only bother if they do-make a point of acknowledging those on bikes with 'L' plates on and always give a :thumb: to cars/trucks that pull left to give us some room to pass.

I wave my willie at girlie bikers shouting.......... Woo hoo!!!

(See earlier thread)

Seeing that makes me think I'd crash.............laughing too much! :lol: :lol:

and yes I nod/wave etc.

I have to drive a cage for my job, but being a biker obviously I am well aware of bikers. I always make a point of getting out of their way in queing traffic so they can filter easier.

Its always nice to get a wave from a passing biker when you do that for them. I suspect the bright yellow "Think Bike" stickers I have on the back and sides of the car windows probably make them realise I am a biker as well though.

I also once had a nod from a biker when I was on foot. Walking to my local pub with a few mates and a biker passed slowly due to traffic. I was watching his bike and he saw me looking. I nodded, and was pleased when he nodded back. My non biking friends asked who he was. They seemed a bit confused when I said I had no idea, but he is on a bike!!

I guess people don't have to be on two wheels to be nodded at either, or perhaps bikers are just nicer where I live?

I have to drive a cage for my job, but being a biker obviously I am well aware of bikers. I always make a point of getting out of their way in queing traffic so they can filter easier.

Its always nice to get a wave from a passing biker when you do that for them. I suspect the bright yellow "Think Bike" stickers I have on the back and sides of the car windows probably make them realise I am a biker as well though.

I also once had a nod from a biker when I was on foot. Walking to my local pub with a few mates and a biker passed slowly due to traffic. I was watching his bike and he saw me looking. I nodded, and was pleased when he nodded back. My non biking friends asked who he was. They seemed a bit confused when I said I had no idea, but he is on a bike!!

I guess people don't have to be on two wheels to be nodded at either, or perhaps bikers are just nicer where I live?

I think we've probably passed you :? I did point a car out to my fella quite a few weeks back - several bike stickers around it and being very observant of us, moving out of the way whenever possible - there isn't that many of them around East Mids. There's also a female driver - she has Think Bike stickers and 46 The Doctor in the rear window :D I make sure at least I acknowledge their courtesy as fella focussing what's going on ahead whilst overtaking.

I also look a nutter when walking but nodding to bikes on the road still. Its become too much of a habit :roll:

i nod, but dont always get one back..... :( doesnt put me off tho. if on duel carridgeway i generally wave depending on speed and whats going on ahead.

had to laugh tho, was riding around during my lesson yesterday and waved thank you to a driver who let me in at a junction and instructor told me off, said it was nice and all but as i was learning i shouldnt do it.

i nod, but dont always get one back..... :( doesnt put me off tho. if on duel carridgeway i generally wave depending on speed and whats going on ahead.

had to laugh tho, was riding around during my lesson yesterday and waved thank you to a driver who let me in at a junction and instructor told me off, said it was nice and all but as i was learning i shouldnt do it.

Ah, the "should I, shouldnt I thank them" conundrum whilst learning. If on your test, NEVER do it. But in Lessons, if I am let out, I nod. Its much less obvious to the teacher/examiner that way. Also, waving means removing your arm from the controls of the bike, which especially to a nit picking examiner, is a big no no.

Guest philgale

i waved to a couple of drivers whilst learning and never got told off...

but if on your test dont do it...for th sake of being nice you may fail your test so sod them....

Even tho i havnt passed i find myself nodding in my car to other bikers, secrety wishing i was one of them, and i do find myself edging to give them more space. I even pulled over to help a guy whod been knocked off his bike by a car in newcastle...nae one else was bothering so i thought i would..good karma for the future n' all that!

I don't however have respect for all things on 2 wheels...i can't f*cking stand the trend this year, for 16 yr olds out on the roads on their brand new 50cc peds with only a CBT behind them...trainers, tee shirt and jeans and wobbling all over the road, i don't even understand how this is legal!

Sorry completely off topic...yeah i'd nod!

Got a nod from the plod when we were in Poland and a big wave and a thumbs up from the plod in Czech republic.. The German Plod waved to us as we went sailing by on one of the autobahns..

Got a wave from every biker we passed in europe.. Friendly bunch over there.. :wave: