Can anyone recommend helmet with peak?

Guest higgins44

I have problems when riding early and late in the day with bright sunshine in my eyes - even when wearing sunglasses - and if possible want a helmet with a peak to shade out the sun. Not sure if this is possible as presumably the peak would stop the visor going up. Anyone know of anything available?

Cheers

Sorry to hijack

Hope its OK but I think this may be a relevant Q

I used to use sunglasses and stopped because I found a spot in a road I use quite regular where if the sun is at the right spot in the sky you get blinded on an approach to a bend :shock:

Not sure if its cos I had the wrong type or what but it scared me

I assume that this does not happen with the built in sun visor?

same as sunglasses as such but better than sunglasses only ones that will truly block it are the dark tint variety that tend to attract attention or you can get external visors for most helmets just you need to carry a clear for night/low light time i prefer caberg for the visor and a good fit i own the v2 and a justtimo gt flip front

Guest philgale

tinted visor

here

i got a black one and a blue iridium one, i think the iridium one allows more light through but doesnt blind you or glare up as much

just carry a clear one with you :thumb:

tinted visor

here

i got a black one and a blue iridium one, i think the iridium one allows more light through but doesnt blind you or glare up as much

just carry a clear one with you :thumb:

Don't mean to highjack but i just bought a black visor today. You ever been pulled up because of it?

problem with a peak is that when you reach a certain speed, if your head is at the wrong angle your helmet will be forced up with the air coming over the bike, not good...

go with the caberg or similar with internal visor

N103_gloss_black_silver.jpg.3f6167724efbe15bca3fbc01bd85f4bb.jpg

921-1896-full-caberggm-49.jpg.39fa9e4c1cdfbcbf832e81a43dbde49a.jpg