Where/how do you store your bike gear?

I've wanted to make this thread for a while out of curiosity. Where do you keep your motorbike clothing? And how do you store/organize it?

Mine all goes on my new helmet rack in my bedroom :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/b97wn4.jpg

A shelf for my lids and gloves (in the kitchen/diner), and the dining table and chairs for my clothing, both leathers and fabric. :)

I need to get a proper hanging system sorted out. Needless to say I don't use my dining table for dining :lol:

See pic below...

Jacket on it's own hanger, Back and chest protector are fastened up round my trousers on the other hanger. To the right is my Cold Killers top and trousers. Helmet is kept in it's original box (Below the boots)

Gloves, balaclava sit just to the side of my boots and spare visor normally sits on top of my boots.

All my other winter gear is currently underneath everything else...

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc324/bikerkorben/bike011.jpg

Guest philgale

in a heap on the floor in my hall......

really, sometimes my leathers get thrown on a hanger but everything else on floor

Leave all mine in the front porch, but will be buying a stand like you have Gem for the spare room to store all my gear... fed up of it being strewn all over the house!

I want one of those helmet shelves... I just need to buy my own house first! In the mean time our helmets are on a normal shelf out of the way

http://www.picturebay.net/img/guests/8227180199/helmet_shelf_780001503.jpg

Our flat is way too small though... mostly we have panniers, jackets and boots cluttering up the whole house!

http://www.picturebay.net/img/guests/8227180199/lounge.jpg

tbh i wear my gear every day so it barely hits the propper place. most of the time it hits the bedroom/dining/kitchen/living room floor.

mental note to ones self>>>>>>>>> treat your kit with the respect it deserves, put it away properly!!!!!

Utility room, put up a shelf with hanging rail and one of them hanging shelves, for gloves etc

and use the larder fridge with a big plastic tub for liggage and trousers.. and side of fridge for tank bag base, magnets are cool..

PIC01076.JPG.3246aef6708ad342d8a14b6f3c9cde18.JPG

PIC01077.thumb.JPG.6ae4b46c48b8e9cf6e1f8df309380d15.JPG

Interesting thread, never thought about where/how to store your kit before till now!!

Anyhow, my jacket at the moment is slumped on the floor next to my piano in the back room. My gloves are stuffed inside my lid which is on the top of a bookshelf next to some of my photographic kit. My trousers are folded up nice at the bottom of my bed in the loft next to both sets of my boots! I also have a neck tube and a cold killers balaclava that are just here on a shelf on the bookshelf where my helmet is.

Gem, where did you buy your rack from, (stop sniggering lads) looks handy that, would be ideal in the hallway here next to my new kitchen?

Guest akey

Panniers, tank bags and other bags are in the shed.

Motorcross helmets and kit is all in the garage, as is all the spare textile kit and winter gloves etc.

Base layers are in normal wardrobe, as are my bike jeans and my leathers.

Helmets summer gloves, buffs, spare visors, back protectors and 'in use' jackets are under the stairs.

I use my boots everyday so they are usually beside the bed, and willows boots are in the wardrobe.

I should probably get ride of some of our old kit, but you never know when it will come in handy

Motorcross helmets and kit is all in the garage, as is all the spare textile kit and winter gloves etc.

Helmets summer gloves, buffs, spare visors, back protectors and 'in use' jackets are under the stairs.

I use my boots everyday so they are usually beside the bed, and willows boots are in the wardrobe.

I should probably get ride of some of our old kit, but you never know when it will come in handy

He also forgot to put that all the ike kit in the garage is hung in size and colour order. :twisted:

Ana!

He also forgot to put that all the ike kit in the garage is hung in size and colour order. :twisted:

Ana!

thats Basic Training for ya..... OCD... LOL

Interesting thread, never thought about where/how to store your kit before till now!!

Anyhow, my jacket at the moment is slumped on the floor next to my piano in the back room. My gloves are stuffed inside my lid which is on the top of a bookshelf next to some of my photographic kit. My trousers are folded up nice at the bottom of my bed in the loft next to both sets of my boots! I also have a neck tube and a cold killers balaclava that are just here on a shelf on the bookshelf where my helmet is.

Gem, where did you buy your rack from, (stop sniggering lads) looks handy that, would be ideal in the hallway here next to my new kitchen?

It's from here or they do ones for just one helmet too, here. Ha, I got some strange looks carrying it down the road :lol:

Ana!

Wow! Sounds like a lot of stuff and all organized too! :)

I've wanted to make this thread for a while out of curiosity. Where do you keep your motorbike clothing? And how do you store/organize it?

ooh, love the jacket :) Is it leather? I've got a pink and black textile one from Duchanni, not as stylish as that one.

I'm a bit OCD with my stuff lol

Helmets are in there boxes at the bottom of the wardrobe with gloves and neck warmers jackets hanging above, all my luggage is under the bed and i don't need to worry about my trousers and boots they live with my bike elsewhere.

And i put it all away after every ride :lol:

Me neither! I hang my jacket on a door hook in my hallway, the helmet (gloves, buff inside) and boots go in the cupboard under the stairs (on the floor at the moment as I'd been planning on getting a shelf in there) and my trousers either lie on the back of the chair in the living room or find their way upstairs to go into the bottom of the wardrobe in my spare room. Kind of all over the place really.

[it's from here or they do ones for just one helmet too, here. Ha, I got some strange looks carrying it down the road :lol:

Glad someone asked! Might get one. Gem, could you do me a favour and tell me what the size roughly is so I can see if it'll fit under me stairs (bit tight under there!).

ooh, love the jacket :) Is it leather? I've got a pink and black textile one from Duchanni, not as stylish as that one.

Yes it's leather :) They also do it in blue/white/black and gray(or silver)/white/black too. They're at the bottom of this page if you want to have a peek.

Glad someone asked! Might get one. Gem, could you do me a favour and tell me what the size roughly is so I can see if it'll fit under me stairs (bit tight under there!).

Sure :) It's about 20" length x 15" depth. Hope that helps!

At home:

Helmet, neckwarmer and gloves - top shelf of wardrobe

Jacket, trousers and boots - next to wardrobe

topbox - stays on bike in kitchen...

At work:

I have a cupboard next to my desk that holds everything including topbox, apart from my jacket which lives on the back of my chair.

Kit is hanging behind this door..... other stuff generally in garage.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/mysafpics123/Photo0276.jpg