Got my mod1 test tomorow

I've just been watching the DSA clips on youtube and it say you get asked quesitons before doing the test (such as where to check oil etc) this is the first i've heard about this! If you have done your module 1 test did you get asked questions? I thought that was all done in module 2??

Haven't done my Module 1 yet, but didn't you get any tuition from your Instructors about the questions they might ask you?

I was given a sheet of questions when I first started my training and th Instructors went over them with us each day.

Haven't done my Module 1 yet, but didn't you get any tuition from your Instructors about the questions they might ask you?

I was given a sheet of questions when I first started my training and th Instructors went over them with us each day.

No just some bits and bobs i got told when doing my cbt. I was under the impression that safety quesiton/ quesitons about the bike were part of module 2?

No just some bits and bobs i got told when doing my cbt. I was under the impression that safety quesiton/ quesitons about the bike were part of module 2?

Module 2 of the test is made up of the eyesight test, road safety questions and at least 30 minutes of road riding.

Source: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=551

Module 2 of the test is made up of the eyesight test, road safety questions and at least 30 minutes of road riding.

Yeh thats what i thought but then i watched the DSA video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7igJ14iNzvU

And it talks about the safety quesitons right before it goes on to the module 1 stuff

Yeh thats what i thought but then i watched the DSA video on youtube:

And it talks about the safety quesitons right before it goes on to the module 1 stuff

The video could be wrong I guess...

Module two is the on-road module and typically takes around 40 minutes. This module includes the eyesight test, the safety and balance questions and the road riding element that will cover a variety of road and traffic conditions.

Source: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/PracticalTest/DG_178328

The video could be wrong I guess...

Its wrong in other ways too. Most glaring error is that she apparently has to achieve 50km/h for the avoidance and emergency stop... but she's riding a ped!

Don't worry, the questions are easy and only need a bit of common sense. Take your time and don't rush the answers - he's not going to fail you for hesitation on that part of the test :thumb:

EDIT: Here's a handy video from the link that was given above. It says, like you thought, that the questions are asked in module 2, not one:

http://www.dsa.coionline.tv/newbiketestvideo/

I did my mod 1 last week, No qestions at all until mod 2. (and there easy)

The video is a little silly when it says 50kph and shes on a ped but it does say on the DSA website that peds do that manuvour at a much slower speed.

The video you are refering to is the 1st one made which relates to the New Motorcycle Test that was originally going to be on one sitting!

Since then as you know the DSA posponed the test, then split it into Module 1 and Module 2.

All questions will be asked on Module 2, and they comprise of Show me Tell me and Pillion Passenger Questions.

Passed my Part 1 today with no minors - even though I completely missed the "gate" after the swerve because I was watching the speedo. Gave me a second go becuase it was 49kph.

Alan

Passed my Part 1 today with no minors - even though I completely missed the "gate" after the swerve because I was watching the speedo. Gave me a second go becuase it was 49kph.

Alan

Sweet

Got my Mod2 booked for this wed :)

Alan

Sweet

Got my Mod2 booked for this wed :)

I'm Friday - that's two sickies in one week. Do you think they'll notice?

Alan

well done both of you and good luck with module2 :lol:

keep us posted please! because it's so new you are our guinea pigs! :lol:

so the more info you can pass on to others the better!

Had 6 hours on Mod2 training today, came pretty easy just forgot to click my indicator off a few times thats all. Got my test tomorow and thats my DAS finished (hopefully!). Did a load of test routes starting from the test centre and spoke with a few of the guys down there and apparently a girl locked up her front wheel on the swerve test today and took a spill so it was all a bit chaotic as they didnt even have a first aider on site.