Blade will start, cos Honda have fixed it!

Guest Dan

Bloody hell, that its't going to be a 5 minute job! Assume ZX is fine for the time being?

When they assemble the bike the loom is about the first thing that goes on. Good luck. If that doesn't work then where next?

L.

When I need all my Blade fairings changed back to the originals, you'll be able to do that for me, then?

L.

Ha ha :mrgreen:

Thats the easy bit Lou! Shouldn't take long to be honest, the bike is already stripped pretty much. I have the tank suspended from the roof, so i can get to it all quite easily. Should be a couple of fun filled hours tomorrow!!

When I need all my Blade fairings changed back to the originals, you'll be able to do that for me, then?

L.

Ha ha :mrgreen:

Thats the easy bit Lou! Shouldn't take long to be honest, the bike is already stripped pretty much. I have the tank suspended from the roof, so i can get to it all quite easily. Should be a couple of fun filled hours tomorrow!!

:shock: That is such a good idea! Can't believe I didn't think of that when balancing my carbs instead of running back and forth trying to fill up a funnel while someone else held it in place!

Good luck with it Dan. No one should have to experience the pain you've had to. On a lighter note, if you ever decide to sell your bike can I have first dibs please because it looks like all the tricky work will have already been done!

none as yet Daz,

Yesterday I swapped out the wiring loom with another, and swapped ECU's about (american). No joy, HISS was interfering.

Going to ring an ECU testing place tomorrow....

correct Stu. Assuming the used ECU is ok, then its possible something else is stopping it from firing. Possibly a 'failsafe'. Although speaking to Rich earlier, he thinks this is unlikely..... I am now at a total loss. Time to rebuild it and send it to Honda methinks.

so far ... too bloody much

£165 to a mechanic who couldn't fix it

£55 on ignition generator

£105 on american ECU and wiring loom , rectifier and all relays. This not too bad, cos it means I got lots of spares !!

hmmm

would seem very odd for both ECU's to be duff!!!

if they both check out ok its got to be a duff sensor somewhere

just remember though the ecu doesnt always pick a duff sensor up and doesnt always throw up an error code!!!

Dan,

Any news from Honda?

Spoke to Keith about me holding onto the Silverstone passes and he's fine with that, cos he's going on holiday and isn't interested in bikes anyway.

So BSB VIP here we come!

Honda been on phone today. They have come to conclusion cam sensor is shot. So should be back on road by this weekend! Just in time for the MOT!!!! Typical :lol:

£165 notes....

I narrowed it down to the cam sensor or the ECU. The bit of kit to test the cam sensor would have cost me another £70... hence I sent it to Honda...... The guy I spoke to, said they'd fixed some other little bits ( stuff I probably did when trying to fix it) and the cam sensor was tested on the diog and failed... So looking promising.

Oh and the ECU would be £755 plus VAT plus fitting plus coding the keys ... so a grand. So it had better be the bloody cam sensor!!!!!