Motor bike vibration help

cooper99

hi all

i have a cbf and i recently got a new front tyre on it about 250 300 miles ago anyway and thisevening whne i was out on it it all of a suddon started violenty vibrating the bars, only a high speeds 90 100mph + i know my tyre was balanced bcasue its been fine till now, but could this be causeing my forks to wobble if one of the weighs has fallen off it still has one on it, my wheel axle and head bearings etc seem tight, its all i can think off, any help aprreciate

thanks!!1!

If pressures ok..

what size CBF and is it faired, could be the wobble is caused by:

A: not a big enough engine for the speed,

B: turbulence caused by the rider.

C: cross winds at speed..

its a 600, i have done 20000 miles on it and its never done it up untill tonight, so you dont think its my tire balencing

could be a number of things, have you lost a weight that you know off.. (if there stuck on then youd have residue from the foam tape..)

the chap who did the tire is a good friend so im sure he would have done it properly, im thinking it maybe need balencing again, just wanted to see if there are any other things i can try, will definatly check the presures good tomorrow, yes everything is tight, can poor balencing only affect at high speeds sometims ??

the chap who did the tire is a good friend so im sure he would have done it properly, im thinking it maybe need balencing again, just wanted to see if there are any other things i can try, will definatly check the presures good tomorrow, yes everything is tight, can poor balencing only affect at high speeds sometims ??

never had a problem on bikes but in a car about 50-60mph then it goes away..

tyre presures are all ok, ill just add that this vibration its quite bad, its enough to cause you to lose your balence, its quite bad, it doesnt just tingle your fingers

Miles aside, have you checked the tyre? It is unlikely to be the problem, but what I'm getting at is you need to check its shape.

You describe the symptoms as quite bad, suggesting it is not balancing. This points to the tyre. Check the bead all round the rim to make sure the tyre is seated properly, if it didn't seat properly when fitted (recently as you describe) it won't be the correct shape. Spin the front wheel and watch the tyre, does it run true? This will show if the tyre is out of shape or not. If it is ok, you got a problem elsewhere.

have you somehow knocked the forks out off alignment.. so the left one is slightly further back than the right or visaversa.. especially when fitting wheel if the bolts aren't tight

the top an bottom yolk become out of alignment. which would cause an oscillation/wobble at high speed..

recon i have fixed it guys my own foult really, i remember when i took the wheel out that the two locking nuts that hold the axle in on ether side were very tight, when i did them back up i did them tight but probably not as tight as they were because i didnt wanna buggere the threads in my fork bottoms, but i just went out and did them back up super tight and all is well for now................ haha cheers for your help guys!! :D :cheers: :cheers:

yea he's on the right way round the nuts weret as tight as they shud be

get a manual and a torque wrench, then you can tighten your nuts till your hearts content