Ace Cafe - Brighton Burn Up - 13th September 2009

Thought I'd post this early so people can make arrangements etc.

It's the time of year again for the huge Ace Cafe run to Brighton Seafront. Around 40,000 bikers all flock to the seafront. There's shows, stalls etc.

Here is the thread for last years event, pretty good turn out from forum people as well: http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 33&t=14554

Here's a picture of all the happy people from last year:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/Ace2.jpg

Last year we met at Pease Pottage service station and that seems a good enough place as any to meet again this year.

So, who's up for it?

Edited by MonkeyKnuckle

Route looks interesting

"M40-M25-M23"

Is there any reason to go, cause it sure doesn't sound like the ride is the reason?

Leave earlier, but not from the Ace, use A roads, grab a good parking spot close to the front, grab some fish and chips on the Pier with a pint, and leave before everyone else does. A23 out of town can be a pain in the butt when it's busy.

Other than that head north. :cheers:

Route looks interesting

"M40-M25-M23"

Is there any reason to go, cause it sure doesn't sound like the ride is the reason?

It's more about the event on the seafront.

When you're riding with thousands of other bikes in a pack, motorways are the only roads big enough to fit them all in. :lol:

If you go to the Ace then they all leave in one huge group and stay together down to Brighton.

Last year we all met at Pease Pottage service station and rode down the A23 (the road the Ace lot use) and even though we didn't ride with the Ace lot there was still hundereds of bikes.

I'll leave from the Ace Riff, is anyone else up for meeting there?

Cool, me and a mate are coming from the South coast up to ACE then riding back down, Ive just sent an email round at work so there may be a few more of us. Give me your number and we can meet up if you like?

Route looks interesting

"M40-M25-M23"

Leave earlier, but not from the Ace, use A roads, grab a good parking spot close to the front, grab some fish and chips on the Pier with a pint, and leave before everyone else does. A23 out of town can be a pain in the butt when it's busy.

Other than that head north. :cheers:

I did it by A-roads because i was still on L plates :D

Night before everyone i knew pulled out so had to work out the route and left the next morning with 2 A4 maps in my bag :lol:

Was a REALLY great day :D

Should be there this year!! :thumb:

Hi mate. I think they start leaving the Ace at 0730 for the run down. Riders then leave as and when they like from the Ace, last year they were still leaving around midday.

As for Pease services we met last year at 1030 and by the time we had looked around and got everyone ready we headed off around 1115.

It was packed at the services and a great atmosphere too, really got us in the mood for the run down.

Tell Jill to get her arse up to Pease at least!!!

Got your number Paul, thanks. I didnt realise ACE would be leaving so early, might just some up to pease and head down from there I think, theres 3 of us so far, I will ask Jill if she fancies it too, I will text Nick and Paul too see if they're up for it.

speak soon