Bike Safe, what do i need?

Hey there all,

I'm due to attend a bike safe course (Pre CBT) next week and asside gear (sturdy shoes) i'm unsure what i need in the way of paper work :|

I have a photocard driving liscence from 02/06 but there is no mention about a bike on there atall and am concerned i will need a motorbike provisional or something...

I am asuming i will need a motorbike provisional to do my CBT even if i have a full car licence?

Any thoughts would be much appreicated :)

-Jvc

Hey there all,

I'm due to attend a bike safe course (Pre CBT) next week and asside gear (sturdy shoes) i'm unsure what i need in the way of paper work :|

I have a photocard driving liscence from 02/06 but there is no mention about a bike on there atall and am concerned i will need a motorbike provisional or something...

I am asuming i will need a motorbike provisional to do my CBT even if i have a full car licence?

Any thoughts would be much appreicated :)

-Jvc

If it's all off-road then you might not need anything at all - check with the training school. I certainly didn't need to show my licence for the pre-CBT off road training that I did.

Your provisional motorcycle entitlement will be shown on the counterpart (green) part of your licence, there's nothing on the photo card. You'll need to show both parts to your instructor when you do CBT. A full car licence normally includes provisional motorbike (class A) entitlement, so unless you've lost the green part of your licence you shouldn't need to contact DVLA.

The training school should be able to supply suitable protective kit - and if they can't, consider training somewhere else. A motorbike is heavy and can hurt even if it's not moving when it falls over... I know...

superb reply :)

The course is actually with the bedfordshire constabulary :)

They offer both pre and post CBT training which i plan to take them up on as it can only be a good thing to get experience from well trained riders :)

I will have a root around for the paper part of my liscence when i head back home then :)

Thankyou again :)

Best regards

-Jvc

I've not heard of this at all. The only thing I've heard of is the regular Bikesafe course that you can only do after you've passed your big bike test on your own big bike.

I would phone them up and make sure you're not about to turn up on a bikesafe course without a bike and get sent home with everyone chuckling at you. :)

hey,

yeah, i'v looked into it and they provide everything from the safety kit (bar boots) to the bikes themselves so all i need is some sturdy shoes and to be there on time :)

The perticular course i'm to doesnt seem to be particularly widespread and is specifically for people before they take their CBT so they can get the most out of the CBT day itself.

Check it out if anyone is interested!

http://www.motorcyclingmatters.org/1st-ride/

Maybe there should be a sticky somewhere as it appears not many people have ever heard of it :|

Best regards

-Jvc