Mod 2 booked

I know it's not as exciting as topics about passing, but I am excited. Nervous but looking forward to it.

I am booked in for 12:30 on Monday.

I found my Mod 1 very comfortable overall (in terms of preparedness and skill) so I hope I can translate that to Mod 2 also. I have done a fair amount of practice over the last week at following directions with my instructor behind me so I hope I will keep cool and do well.

I know I can pass, it's just about staying calm and not doing anything stupid I guess.

How self-centered is this? I just don't have anyone who will listen here so I thought I'd share some thoughts with you guys. Feels better letting it out though and talking through it with myself. Cheers.

How self-centered is this? I just don't have anyone who will listen here so I thought I'd share some thoughts with you guys. Feels better letting it out though and talking through it with myself. Cheers.

Not self-centred at all - you talk as much as ya like if it helps.

N good luck :wink:

Thanks for the support guys. All my friends are into their cars and while I appreciate that my heart lies with the two-wheel magic.

I might update this with more random nervous rants, but it's all just the nerves of wanting to pass - I think I stand in good stead.

Annoyingly it happened after a stop that was completely unnecessary. Pulled into the side of a road that was straight and narrow with no turn offs. Everywhere I indicate to do something (other than pull away that one out of about 8 times) I cancelled twice at least. I just feel a little dumb for not doing it once out of how many times must I have indicated in that 45 minutes (it went a little long because the examiner was half-lost most of the time not being from around here).

Yeah I did something similar. Don't let it get you too confident for the next one though. It's alway possible to make mistakes so remain on the ball, though obviously you should be quietly confident as it seems you really don't have any big points to address.

There is no problem there; I don't think I'll be over confident. It will be 2 weeks since I got on a bike and last time was a week and a half and I felt really rusty until the test started.

I will have a couple of things on my side though; I'll have my good luck instructor (made sure to specifically ask for him this time), my original Mod 1 examiner (who I feel more comfortable with and my instructor knows) and I'll have "my" bike (which idles higher, has a better clutch and just feels much better than the older one I had the other day).

So yeah, I guess it all balances out. I feel quite good on a bike and I know I can pass, but I also get quite humbled by the situation. I think I will benefit from having done it though and know it's not going to chuck up something unexpected as such.

One last thing though: did everyone else get pulled over as much as me? I made the indicator mistake on the last pull-over but other than that they were all by the book. Even the hill start was pretty flat so I don't get why we did it so much.

There is no problem there; I don't think I'll be over confident. It will be 2 weeks since I got on a bike and last time was a week and a half and I felt really rusty until the test started.

I will have a couple of things on my side though; I'll have my good luck instructor (made sure to specifically ask for him this time), my original Mod 1 examiner (who I feel more comfortable with and my instructor knows) and I'll have "my" bike (which idles higher, has a better clutch and just feels much better than the older one I had the other day).

So yeah, I guess it all balances out. I feel quite good on a bike and I know I can pass, but I also get quite humbled by the situation. I think I will benefit from having done it though and know it's not going to chuck up something unexpected as such.

One last thing though: did everyone else get pulled over as much as me? I made the indicator mistake on the last pull-over but other than that they were all by the book. Even the hill start was pretty flat so I don't get why we did it so much.

I got pulled over once. I had to stop another time but that was cause we got separated. I didn't do a hill start either.

Thanks for that ikonoklast, it sounds like I got screwed all round. Still, it's good practice just in case I guess. Seemed like my guy was overly judicious (seemed over the top at the time) and generally going to be a pain from the outset so hopefully that stands me in good stead.

They are supposed to stop you 4 times my examiner told me (I asked as, like you, I failed on the last time I was pulled over - passed now though!)

I would imagine that they don't bother or forget sometimes. I noted that my examiner forgot to ask the pillion questions. Knew them, but didn't bother to point it out.