Fastest 50cc bike

Guest Hockeyplayer8

Hi people i am approaching 16 and am wondering what is the fastest bike that i would be able to purchase which is 50cc, please don't judge me on this and think i am an idiot who weaves in and out of trafic and stupid speeds, i just dont want my bike sounding like a hair dryer at 25mph.

Thanks

Well the maximum speed your allowed to do at 16 on a CBT is only 31mph, on a 50cc. However, if you do take the restrictor off, mod some parts on the bike (lightweight parts), you can reach about 70-80mph downhill. Most 50cc bikes have about the same max speed but I have a Generic Trigger SM50 and a Yamaha TZR50 which I find are quite nippy.

Edited by matty6660

If you spend enough money then you can get it going as fast as you want.

I had an Aprilia Mojito 50cc that did 80mph when I was 16, but it wasn't actually 50cc, because it had a malossi 70cc kit on. And a few more parts that cost me the best part of a grand. But tbh not worth it

Well why do you want the fastest 50...

i'm not going to preach about only being allowed to go 30mph at 16, as my bike was derestricted at that age. That was only so i could keep up with the larger roads. Mine did 40mph fairly comfortabley, 55 at a push, but that was only so i didn't get some mad overtakes going on on the 'bigger' roads. (My 125 is still restricted as it more than keeps up with traffic)

and any 50 will sound like a hair dyrer, there's no point in trying to get away with it.

sorry but when someone says don't judge me etc. when saying you want the fastest 50 that won't sound crap, gives the general 'pedboi' impression :roll: (IMO ofcourse)

I can see where your coming from saying that but like you, i want it to keep up in the bigger roads- not to fly down small roads at 50mph.

Well why do you want the fastest 50...

i'm not going to preach about only being allowed to go 30mph at 16, as my bike was derestricted at that age. That was only so i could keep up with the larger roads. Mine did 40mph fairly comfortabley, 55 at a push, but that was only so i didn't get some mad overtakes going on on the 'bigger' roads. (My 125 is still restricted as it more than keeps up with traffic)

and any 50 will sound like a hair dyrer, there's no point in trying to get away with it.

sorry but when someone says don't judge me etc. when saying you want the fastest 50 that won't sound crap, gives the general 'pedboi' impression :roll: (IMO ofcourse)

It's 50cc and 30mph for a reason. If you can't keep up on bigger roads, don't use them. 50cc machines on dual carriage ways are supposed to keep left anyway to let people overtake. If you're that worried, use the bus until you're 17 and can get a 125 which won't struggle as much.

Also its against the law to derestrict a 50cc at 16.

The advice I always give is wait till 17 and get a 125 (as I deem them dangerous) if not just keep well away from bigger roads, I had a derestricted 50 scoot and would never take it on a dual carriageway!

the restriction is EU law anyway (hence the 31MPH as it equals 50KPH) and since foreign law shouldnt apply here anyway, and its dangerous to do 31MPH on an NSL road, and the police tend not to bother putting pedbois peds on a rolling road, then its not a bad idea ;)

dont go spending thousands trying to make it go 60MPH, as soon as your 17 you'll realise its a waste of money :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just try to aim to get a bike which does 30-40mph comfortably so then you can hit maybe 45-50mph at a push. I found this speed more than enough to get to and from college which was about 2 miles there and back. But remember that speed isn't everything, quality and reliability is more important. It's no good having a bike that does 80mph but breaks down every 5 seconds :?

I have a 31mph, 50cc because, like you, I wanted to get around / see friends / get to (part-time) job without paying £1.55 to go 2 miles into town, one way, every day.

I wish to the Gods that I never bought it and had saved up for a 125.

As has been stated, AFAIK, once you de-restrict a scoot you are driving (riding) otherwise in accordance with a licence, and if you crash and claim on your insurance, the second they see your scoot is de-restricted, they will leg it and you won't see a penny of the insurance.

But anyway, if you are hell-bent on getting a scoot to de-restrict and spend enough money to buy a great 125 on making it go faster, then the Yamaha Aerox is reputedly the best for tweeking and making it go fast. Your looking at about 73mph downhill.

i have had a de-restricted Italjet forumla it did 62 MPH and i now ride a de-restriced 4 stroke skyteam TR50.

tbh i dont reccomend derestricting a 2 stroke 50cc. my TR50 does 35 max and even then its still a stupid idea.

IF!!!!!, you crash on a 50cc bike. and the driver says you were going.. this fast. your insurance will be invalid, and not only will it be your license it will be a fair bit of cash paying the bloke for his damages and paying the damages on your own bike.

fastest 50cc. depends what you want. geared i would say probably an aprilia, automatic i would say a yamaha neos or gilera runner. but as for fastest. there fastest on acceleration. fastest 50cc is a bad question.

• 2 weeks later...

if geared anything with an minerrelli 2 stroke AM6 engine once derestricted they can hit high speed the more you spend the faster you go this is also the same with an aprilia sr50 scooter fully derestrict and add performance parts e.g. racing clutch k and n air filter you can hit high speeds also if you have a geared bike with a manual choke turn that on in top gear for that little extra boost as well as dipping you head down just try not duck down in public bit stupid considering you will be doing about 50 mph lol and you look like your going for the land speed record :) and also if geared sprockets :)http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/14 ... -1551.aspx that site has most 50cc tuning parts (high speed for a ped)