ARGH!!! I messed up my CBT!!!

Guest mimiyzzi

I took my CBT today and got sent home early :( I thought it would be ok but I kept stalling and fell off twice! The other person who had never been on a bike before, managed it fine. I'm just worried that I won't be allowed on the roads again next time (I'm taking it again in two weeks). Did anyone else take more than one go to get to grips with the CBT? Any advice (apart from not stalling!) you could give me?

I feel like a bit of a moron... :S

Stalling is absolutly normal. I passed my CBT ages ago and I still stall my bike on the roads... Everyone stalls now and again. Not stalling will come with experience. If you can get to a bike before your next CBT, try and get a bit of practice in on a private area and just practice clutch control and slow movements. Good luck. 8-)

Yeah always look ahead!

Also with stalling, try to give slightly more throttle and slip the clutch more.. Your on a 125 so it wont shoot off (i had that mental problem to over come and once i did was fine...although i still stalled alot :lol: )

Goodluck for next time! Oh and dont let the nerves get to you, its just a fun day on an motorbike 8-)

Lol :) Don't worry, you're not a moron - riding a motorbike for the first time is hard! Have a read about my first experience here, it might make you feel better!

Relax, take it easy and try to enjoy the day. I treated CBT as like one of those activity days where you get to play with a quad bike, fire a bow & arrow or shoot at clay pigeons - but with motorbikes instead.

Lol :) I'm still doing that now... the back brake on my Fazer is *much* more powerful than the other bikes I've ridden, so I only have to be gently resting my foot in the wrong place and I'm going nowhere...