Are you tough enough?

Guest akey

I'm interested, but worried...!

Are you allowed to split the 24 hours over two days? Was just discussing with a colleague and we decided the opportunity to get over-tired and fall asleep on two wheels was quite high.

Are you allowed to split the 24 hours over two days? Was just discussing with a colleague and we decided the opportunity to get over-tired and fall asleep on two wheels was quite high.

No, but there are other Ironbutt events that spread over 24hrs. Sadly you must do a SS1000 first. If you start to feel drowsy you stop take a break, simples.

I should have a bike by then, I will be doing it again.

Me, but need a pillion seat please!!

Vicki if the bike has a pillion seat you will be welcome.

Also get as many miles as you can done in the first 12hrs. Not as I did last year, had far too many leisurely meal breaks, still done it in 23.5hrs. But it is not a race, in fact if you do it in under 17hrs you will not be certified as you would have been speeding.

No, but there are other Ironbutt events that spread over 24hrs. Sadly you must do a SS1000 first. If you start to feel drowsy you stop take a break, simples.

What's an SS1000?

Think am in the same camp as bojomamana, think the title should be are you dumb enough tbh, mentioned it to a mate first thing he he said was sounds a bit dangerous to me! So anyone that does it good luck!

There goes that pillion seat then lol...

But aint you the same guys that would be up at say 3pm on a Thursday afternoon.... go to work a nightshift... then come over to Hull and take me out on Friday.... and not go sleep til gone midnight Friday night??

33 hours awake, working and riding....

No didnt think it was you :mrgreen:

If I do this ride would I be eligible for IBA membership?

Just looked at routes... I'd opt for the Scottish one... although don't know which direction yet...

Think I may need to buy an air cushion :)

There goes that pillion seat then lol...

But aint you the same guys that would be up at say 3pm on a Thursday afternoon.... go to work a nightshift... then come over to Hull and take me out on Friday.... and not go sleep til gone midnight Friday night??

33 hours awake, working and riding....

No didnt think it was you :mrgreen:

err close good point and well made, but seriously what have we done 140miles max in a day and we get off like we were in the real life hardcore version of brokeback mountain :)

So its not the fact of being awake that bothers you.... its the fact that your arse cant take it? :mrgreen:

Unusual for you :up:

ha ha that and the 12 stone rucksack! Lol

Now can we keep my arse out of it and back on topic please:)

if i am available and can afford petrol and have a bike on the road i think i would have a go at this, if i can ride from notts to glasgow in one go or notts to swansea and then go out on the piss i recon i should be good for it :)

Sheepskin Rick :thumb:

Apparently it is THE stuff.

I have a reindeer and seal skin... they're good for keeping warm (used them on expeditions on my snow scooter in the arctic) and the reindeer is well padded... :)

So its not the fact of being awake that bothers you.... :mrgreen: Unusual for you :up:
ha ha that and the 12 stone rucksack! Lol

hey itll only be ten stone if the fat fighters thing works... lol

Yeh, do you mind not advertising me weight all over the place ffs... i dont think you realise how hard it was for me to admit that!

And it WILL be 10 stone by June, maybe less :)

If I do this ride would I be eligible for IBA membership?

Yes, subject to authentication (paper trail).

Just looked at routes... I'd opt for the Scottish one... although don't know which direction yet...

I took Scotland anti-clockwise last year, may go clockwise this.

Think I may need to buy an air cushion :)

After 500miles you can't feel anything :wink: