Bikers Support Wootton Bassett

Susieque

And im gutted I wont be able to go, as its on 14 March, Mothering Sunday :(

For those withouth Facebook

Bikers wanting to ride through Wootton Bassett to show the people that we appreciate all that they do for our fallen heroes. DATE: SUNDAY 14TH MARCH 2010!!

No further details as yet.. but if you fancy it.. contact sue or myself and we will keep an eye on it for more info if you aint on facebook :)

The ride will be starting at Leigh Delamere Service Station J17 (eastbound) of the M4. Please start arriving from 10:30am.

Each rider will pay £5 and receive an Afghan Heroes wristband, which will be their entry pass to RAF Lyneham. The lead riders will be leaving at 12 noon promptly. The route will be along the M4 to J16 before heading along the A-Roads towards Wootton Bassett. We will be riding through at a slow speed before continuing along to RAF Lyneham. We are honored that they are opening their gates for us and refreshments will be available.

All those attending RAF Lyneham will require to pre register giving Name, Address, DOB and Bike Registration. This is to enable security clearance to be carried out by the RAF. REGISTRATION CLOSES MONDAY 15TH FEBRUARY 2010. Anyone who does not register WILL NOT be allowed onto RAF Lyneham.

Registration will be through a secure site, this will be posted out on Monday.

We will be riding to RAF Lyneham where there will be a presentation to hand over the funds raised for the Afghan Heroes Charity, set up last September by a group of mothers who lost their sons in Afghanistan.

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY BIKERS WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE RIDE WHO HAVEN’T REGISTERED ON FACEBOOK CAN YOU ENSURE THAT THEY REGISTER ON THE SECURE SITE.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Lizzie

Can everyone please make it clear when posting on other blogs and forums that the local people of WB have been contacted and are happy for the ride to go ahead.

Thankyou

Danny, Lizzie and Julia

I fancy this myself - I had thought of turning up on my own to join the good folks of WB

This is not a repat, it is to show support for what is done at repats and of course support for the troops who are doing their jobs.

Next repat is tomorrow at approx 1330hrs.

Thanks - I won't be able to make that, but I really would like to show my support and admiration for the good people of WB as well as pay my respects to the fallen.

Vicki, thank you for keeping us updated here. I don't have Facebook (I hate it) so your updates are appreciated.

To those of us on the coast and surrounding areas how about meeting up at Bury Hill in the morning and riding up there? There are enough of us.

You're welcome... maybe you could start a thread in your rideout section and put a link to this thread in it?

Im so jealous, I so wanna go :(

But its on Mothers Day for a reason, as the charity is made up of mothers of some of the soldiers who died out there last year... take photos!

Been a while since I was on here.....

If I get the weekend off and the GSX MOT pass, I will be honoured to attend this ride.

Total number of bikes already registered: 2118

Total number of riders already registered: 2906 (inc pillion)

Signed up and going. This will be good, bikers showing support for the armed forces and those that have lost their lives.

Wootton Bassett isn't to far for us. The last count was 3500 bikes attending (about 5000 people including pillions)

This will be raising £20k plus for a very good cause.

Now in excess of 5,000 bikes registered and still a fortnight to go before registration closes..we are now looking at one of the largest gathereing of motorcycle enthusiasts seen in the UK for many years..absolutely brilliant stuff.. :D

we are now looking at one of the largest gathereing of motorcycle enthusiasts seen in the UK for many years..absolutely brilliant stuff.. :D

Wirral Egg Run usually has around 6k and the Reclaim Wales ride had around 10k.

It will be good to get that many.

This is a great idea in principle and a very worthy cause but a few other forums and groups are now wondering if the event may be stretching beyond the capabilities of the organisers..i knew as soon as i registered that an event of this nature would touch the heart of the biking community and bring the two wheeled world down in hordes..i just hope the organisers are able to do a sterling job on the same lines of the RTTW which was brilliantly executed...its either going to be a day to remember or a mass of stressed out bikers and a logjam of overheated bikes..fingers crossed that the infrastructure is in place for this meet and that it goes off succesfully..i have developed a Plan B in case it goes belly up and we have to drop out..it involves finding a nice pub nearby Wooten with a decent carvery.. :)

This is a great idea in principle and a very worthy cause but a few other forums and groups are now wondering if the event may be stretching beyond the capabilities of the organisers..i knew as soon as i registered that an event of this nature would touch the heart of the biking community and bring the two wheeled world down in hordes..i just hope the organisers are able to do a sterling job on the same lines of the RTTW which was brilliantly executed...its either going to be a day to remember or a mass of stressed out bikers and a logjam of overheated bikes..fingers crossed that the infrastructure is in place for this meet and that it goes off succesfully..i have developed a Plan B in case it goes belly up and we have to drop out..it involves finding a nice pub nearby Wooten with a decent carvery.. :)

There are two on A3102 on the way into WB.

Over 7k bikes and nearly 10k people with pillions.

Only worry is either the bike or I will overheat. I think it will be ok on the motorway, but getting off at the junction and getting to Wootton Bassett will be a nightmare.

Still looking forward to showing my support. This is a good cause and will raise a lot of money for the charity.