SIDI OR ALPINESTARS

Guest KER5H

hiya folks. it's that time to get me some decent boots, the wife cant believe boots cost more than £30..(dumb ass) :mrgreen: .. anyway. i wanna get something that looks nice, im not gonna be racing on tracks but the race boots look great, would they be ok just for pottering about in, im a size 10 and it seems people seem to go for a size bigger. is this the thing to do?

can anyone reccomend a place to get a good deal. budget anywhere between £100/£200. obviously if it's the lower end then the kids can have an icecream with a flake :D and a beer or 2 more for me :cheers:

thanks

Ive had my SIDI vertigo corsas for about 2 years now and they are showing next to no signs of wear and tear and they get used all year and in all weathers. As for comfort I could easily spend all day in them, their better than my slippers :P

They may be a little on the pricey side but as I say i've had mine 2 years now and don't see me needing to change then in the immediate future, whereas you can go through 2-3 pairs of cheap boots a year. If you go from a cheap pair to these you will notice the difference as soon as you get on the bike. You'll easily get them for £200 now because they've been out for a couple of years. Size wise I'm a 10 and I found 10.5 to be the most comftorble.

Plus I think they look the dogs borrocks :P

Hope this helps.

Ash

Edited by Ash

i had to go a size down on my hein gericke boots! from 12 to 11 :? do they tend to be bigger?

i'll be looking for boots in august and i think SIDI look and feel about the best :D

I got a pair of them TCX Infinity things. Best boots I have ever owned. Damn warm too. Got them at the NEC last year, instantly stopped wearing the extra thick socks.. thru the winter too ..

Previously, I had HG boots, they were the best boots I had ever owned, until they started leaking at about 40,000 miles ...

yep...ive got a pair of sidi's too - cost me about £170, i love them - i think they look great and they are very good for protection too :thumb:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1239/vertigoblk.jpg

yep...ive got a pair of sidi's too - cost me about £170, i love them - i think they look great and they are very good for protection too :thumb:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1239/vertigoblk.jpg

I've got these too. had them for a couple of years and still going strong. Pretty comfy too so no worries on that score.

my sidi vertigo have lasted so far nearly 4 year and 20000mile including walks around croft and olivers mount yearly.No wear on the zips or velcro.Ratchet system still works fine never leaked although i dont ride in rain often.Bit of leather cleaner and feeder and they still look fairly new

I have no other comparison cos i bought these when i was learning and just havent needed to replce them

From what I hear people tend to like the brand they already buy and don't change much to know how they compare for more expensive items, like boots. I'm the same. I tried a bunch before I finally found some that I liked, and being that they are so expensive I will be sticking with what I know.

I have a pair of Alpinestars SuperTech R's. They are over your budget but you may find them cheaper online. They are top of the line, but they also feel it. Super comfy all day and easy to walk in. Inner boots make them fit like a glove, and also protect the ankle while the outer boot gives you your contact protection and slide-ability.

Brilliant all round - I wear them every day and also long touring days.

I love my Sidi's very comfy and can wear em all day

I think the best thing to do is shop around and try every boot in the shop before you decide.

I tried quite a few pairs before going with the sidi's because the felt the most comfy :mrgreen:

Got a pair of Sidi B2 Goretex boots today at the Scottish Bike Show.

Very comfortable.

These: And for £160

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4602/sidib2gt.jpg

Edited by Ratser

Guest philgale

i've just got a pair of the alpinestar supertech r boots....they are soooo comfy.

bit more than your budget at 300 notes but they do the supertech or another model just below them that will be in your price range....not a fan of sidi's as they dont fit my legs like these do....plus velcro looses its stickyness after a while im hoping the ratchet strap holds better

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2008_Alpinestars_Supertech_R_Boots.jpg

well i got me new boots :cheers:

got these nice sidi s from me local bike shop.... i found some on the web for £147 but they were clearance stock only and they did,nt have my size :( £163 for my size, so i went to me local and told them i could get them for £147, they did'nt have any either but they could order them in for me and the best deal they could do would be £150.......down from £189......I still got the guys hand in my pocket i snapped it off that hard. so im now looking forward to the christening of them :mrgreen:

thanks to all for your advise as it was appreciated :cheers: :love:

boots.jpg.1acea8b3d2818311661ca9890d0385a4.jpg

I've got a pair of Alpinestars and Sidi's, and the Sidi's are far better in terms of comfort, looks and price.

nice one voodoo... that makes my purchase all the more better :mrgreen: