Have been looking on ebay to try and find a set of cheapish boots and have been looking at some from SIDI.

There seems to be a lot of SIDI Vertibra for sale and some going quite cheap.

Has anyone had any experience with them, just seems to be a lot of the same make up for sale?

I also like the look of the SIDI Black Rain boots, same again has anyone had any?

Thanks. :love: :love:

my brother swears by sidi's and his girlfriend loves hers

he's crashed in them twice and the second time they stopped his rear brake peg impaling his ankle. very good boots, though i've heard that the supposedly waterproof black rains aren't (waterproof,that is) :lol:

generally worth the dosh though :thumb:

I have Sidi Vertigos and I like them a lot, got £70 or so off by buying them on ebay (after trying on in a shop).

Not had an off in them (touch wood) but they are very comfortable and feel reassuring.

buy a size bigger than you need tho,maybe a size n a half,i had too,but there comfy,but my black rains leak,and right from day one too :? not what i was expecting from a £150 boot :? but on ebay you can get em for £130

Had two pairs myself and think they are the dogs danglies. I got the size I normally take and although they were tight as feck for several months they soon gave a bit and are now comfy and snug. :D

Just as an aside, try and go to the local bike shop and try some on see how you get on and as many have mentioned above get a size bigger!

Sidi's do have a problem where they let in water when they shouldn't, my pair as good as they were, leaked and they shouldn't have.

the virtigo's fit better then the vertebra's

i know someone who has a pair of almost new vertabra's for sale not sure on size possibly 7 or an 8!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post an alternative experience with my Black Rain Evo boots. They have been ridden through the last two winters, including some seriously wet motorway riding and have never let in so much as a drop. Excellent boots, though not exactly what you'd call breathable - the only time I have wet feet is in the fine, hot weather!

I've always had Sidi's and loved the older ones, but i bought a pair of the new vertibra's and i didn't like them. I feel they've gone a bit "intergalactic space warrior" with all the fancy lines and buttons but worse than that they seem to bend your leg forward which i don't like at all (so much so i've switched to Alpinestars now).

The Rain Evos are excellent, best wet weather boot i've ever worn.

My new Alpinestars are amazing boots but boy do they squeak!!! It's the bit at the back just above the heel, the flexible bit that are making the noise!

Anyone know how to stop it?????

My new Alpinestars are amazing boots but boy do they squeak!!! It's the bit at the back just above the heel, the flexible bit that are making the noise!

take them back and exchange them for some sidi s :mrgreen:

or walk on your hands

Spray the plastic bit thats squeaking with silicone spray

I've had my vertigos for 3 years now, and they don't look worn at all, despite being used all year round in all weathers. So comfortable I could and do spend all day in them. I don't have the rain version, but they've never let water in (except when I've left the vents open). I love the look of the new ones, but can't justify buying some one my current ones are still in such great condition. Like others have mentioned, I am a size 10, but had to have 10.5 in sidi's. When I do upgrade, it will definetly be for another pair of sidi's!