Mod 2 Good news and bad news - then some news!

Guest mrgreen

Bad news - DVLA PC's been double booking appointments and my test was one of them! 2 weeks wait until next one in Pinner! Damn! :x

Good news - There is a slot at another test centre, it's at Southall. Damn again! I know southall and it is 24 hour traffic there! Not to mention all the cars are driven like they are stolen!

Well on the bright side it was later in the day so I got some extra time on the bike, so all was good I suppose... Good ride there and back (my test was later in the day) The guy I was with had a good ride and passed. Made me feel better as the examiner was quite friendly, so on the return leg for my test I was feeling apprehensive but calm thinking I should be ok.

On getting back for my test the examiner must have heard his wife was cheating on him as he became a **** (insert curse of choice) it felt like he was out to fail me! After 5 mins I thought sod it I have failed. I tried to fool myself with thinking I had a few minors and all was ok! Either way I was a wreck riding. I was wobbly and off balance, rolled back on the hill start and for some reason hung back on the box junction when I know you can enter it to turn right! He obviously picked up on all this!

So we get back I am asked all the questions on carrying a pillion. I answered and he doesn't look at me as he is filling in the form, I see a lot of hand motions marking different boxes - Damn I am failing at the speed of light!

"ok so, what do you know about box junctions?" He asks, damn it I am having a really bad day now! mumble the highway code definition of it, and make excuses as to why I did not go. He sees through it - I think my explanation worked. He ends with "ok, I guess I will pass you"

What do you mean guess?? Either I pass or I didn't?! My instructor grins at me and I am confused. I keep quiet and sign on the dotted line I get a certificate and I'm on my way.

It starts to sink in on the way out. I just passed my Mod 2 test! :mrgreen:

I'm out for a beer now and the what bike shall I get post is being prepared! :cheers:

Well Done bet you feel you could do it again now no issues :-)

Cheers!! Maybe, but I wouldn't want to! I would probably fail second time over - I'm not giving them the chance! :oops:

Wahey, congrats Mr Green. :cheers:

Thanks dude! :cheers:

It must be fun to be an examiner, mumbling about things and looking like your not impressed and then when you examee looks like they are at breaking point just tell em they've passed!

Well done too! its pissing it down with rain here today, I hope you have better weather to get out and enjoy life in the no L plates lane!!

Whoooo! You'll never forget those box junctions now! :mrgreen:

Nope! :D

Thats the problem though, I know the rules of them. I am writing it off to nerves and being over cautious

It must be fun to be an examiner, mumbling about things and looking like your not impressed and then when you examee looks like they are at breaking point just tell em they've passed!

Well done too! its pissing it down with rain here today, I hope you have better weather to get out and enjoy life in the no L plates lane!!

Thanks! :thumb: Humour is optional extra with these guys!!

Congrats mate... :cheers:

Thanks mate :thumb:

Haha! Well done mrgreen!!

I had something similar, got off the bike at the end of a distinctly average ride and the examiner asked me, "what do you do on right hand turns?" I explained what you're meant to do and he then asked, "No, what do you do on right hand turns?" I 'fessed up (just doing things in the wrong order) and he said in the quietest of quiet voices, "Well, you've passed."

I had to ask him to repeat, then jumped up and down on the spot for about 10 minutes!!!

Well done, enjoy!