Mod 1 Next Monday

Hey Guys,

I have my DAS this Saturday, test training on Sunday and MOD 1 on Monday at 8:45.

I have had a look at the MOD 1 experiences but am started to get pretty nervous. Does anybody have any further tip's that could help me during the MOD 1.

I am doing the test on a ER5 so I think getting up to 31MPH shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

James

Hey Guys,

I have my DAS this Saturday, test training on Sunday and MOD 1 on Monday at 8:45.

I have had a look at the MOD 1 experiences but am started to get pretty nervous. Does anybody have any further tip's that could help me during the MOD 1.

I am doing the test on a ER5 so I think getting up to 31MPH shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

James

The only reason I failed MOD 1 is having the confidance to wack it through the speed trap If I am honest :oops:

So Perhaps a Faint heart will mean a fail ?

my main tips would be the usual RELAX,BREATHE,TAKE YOUR TIME ,LIFESAVERS,RELAX,COURAGE

Cheers Polecat,

What was the slalom n figure of eight like.I'm probably stressing over nothing.

Slalom and figure of eight are okay...............they are looking for control, don't try to do them over tight or over fast just steady and look mainly where you want to go rather than directly at each cone. In the figure of eight you are allowed to go out wide to turn so again dont need to be trying to get too tight a figure of eight.

remember your observations before starting any manourve whatsoever

and as already mentioned, breathe, take time to settle yourself down

Good Luck

Feel the bike in second gear at 35mph, get used to the engine sound and the way the bike vibrates. You'll be less concerned about your speed if you can do this. You will get a second attempt if you are too slow anyways. But keep your head up, for the high speed manoeuvres especially on the emergency stop so you don't miss the examiners hand going up, panic and do something silly like it did :lol:

Like polecat says just breathe! You'll be surprised how good a couple of deep breathes are calming you down.

All the best mate :thumb:

I found the slow stuff a doddle to be honest ...Polecat likes slow :)

Going through the little speed trap was my Nightmare and all it turns out you need is Confidence in yourself and your bike and that is also not as bad as you think :)

look on youtube videos that helped me. Just make sure you do headchecks etc before moving off. Dont panic take time around cones and get your speed up on speed check parts. I passed my mod 1 on that bike i was in 2nd gear around the bend then gain speed and maybe 3rd dosent matter wot bike sounds like as long as you in control and doing the correct speed. Good luck