Hey guys,

First post that isn't in the newbie section so be nice!

I have my CBT in a week or so and curious wheather my Vans (trainers) would be suitable?

I have about £60 spare to splash out on some boots and its very tempting but I am assuming I am going to fall in love with 2 wheels (which in my mind there is no doubt) is it worth buying a pair now?

Anyone bought on the net and found a pair that's comfy?

What kind of things should I look for? If you could recommend a pair around that bench mark that'd be great.

Or if you think £60 is to little let me know as Safety is what I am after :)

I don't have a great deal of experience on the subject, but it's probably not a good idea buying from the internet without having tried some boots on first. Size and fit can vary quite a lot!

£60 will buy you a pair of boots that are probably quite adequate and up to the job, especially with special offers etc that'll be around during the winter.

But it's a good idea to have some strong footwear even when just doing your CBT.

VANS:::: :shock:

for £60.00 you should be able to get something half decent (unless you've got freakishly large feet like me and so choice is limited to top names), Go to a shop and try them on, then you'll know they fit properly.

get some boots off ebay!

i managed to get some Sidi evo boots (retail £150) for £35, and they were in good condition and will do me for a few years at least.

i did find (after some research) that it's best to buy Sidi boots a half size bigger than your current shoe size. I'm normally a size 9, and the 9.5 i bought fits me great.

some bargains to be had...

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_nkw=sidi+boots&_dmpt=UK_Motorcycle_Boots&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

edit: if you don't mind second hand that is.

Boots, deffo get some boots. Any boots are better than trainers. (Except wellington boots .... )

I managed to get a passable pair of boots for £40 some time ago ... done the job. Didn't last all that well... but done the job.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ri ... 20test.pdf

I now have the TCX Infinity boot. My god. Bloody awesome. The guide should help you anyway :thumb:

what size are you, i have a pair of size 10s which you can have, can't remember what make they are, blue and black, i bought em second hand for£20 but they had never been used, you can have em if you pay the postage, if your interested ill pm you a pic when i get home on friday

Boots, deffo get some boots. Any boots are better than trainers. (Except wellington boots .... )

I managed to get a passable pair of boots for £40 some time ago ... done the job. Didn't last all that well... but done the job.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ri ... 20test.pdf

I now have the TCX Infinity boot. My god. Bloody awesome. The guide should help you anyway :thumb:

slight thread hijack... but i've heard good things about these boots, do you recommend them then? Ride gave them a great review i think.

The link IS the RiDE review. And oh yes, very good boots. Sturdy,waterproof and warm. The warmest boots I have ever owned. The best boots I have ever owned in fact. Bought them at NEC last year, daily use. Not let me down.

You've probably got the boot now - but do try them on! I have wide feet and the Sidi were just too tight for me, after a day of trying on different boots I've ended up with a pair of BMW boots. Bloody expensive, but by far the best fitting for me - and still cheaper than their bikes :)

I can't wait - really looking forward to it. But in the market to get a nice warm waterproof winter jacket and gloves now :)

Since getting the bike I've spent £600 on gear, which I didn't really budget too much for (just managed to get some overtime) but it really makes a difference to know you don't care about the weather and can just get on a go.

I cannot recommend the neck warmer things, comfy's or buff's (something like that), they kept that vital bit warm between your jacket and helmet - at £7 for 3, best investment I've made so far.

;) - Mikey

aye mikey!

I think gear is somthing you kind of get when u get spare money which in my case save's it going on drink/meals out but once you got it you got it!

Once I've done my cbt I think i'm gonna slowly gather some gear together mainly because now its winter, bargin time!

I rode in trainers today as my hiking boots (which I figured would give me better protection) were like trying to change gear with a pair of hooves!!

I was a bit worried about having trainers on as i kept putting my feet down for the first 10 mins or so (which I'm told is normal) so i'd defo get some boots if you can - if you don't like it, stick em on ebay..... :lol: