Getting so fed up with the DSA!

I'm getting so incredibly fed up with the DSA at the moment I'm actually considering giving up on the idea of getting my licence. I've taken my mod 1 with no hassle but trying to get a mod 2 test at Enfield test centre is an absolute mission.

I had one booked 3 weeks ago but got a call from them that morning saying the examiner was sick so they would have to move my test back by 2 hours. Fair enough i thought until i called my training company to inform them and they were unable to accomodate that. They told me they got this excuse quite a lot and that it was most likely that the DSA wanted to fit in another test and when i called the DSA back to try and sort something out they tried to charge me for the test that i then had toi cancel because i couldn't get a bike to do it on! (many expletives later and after being handed around what felt like every department in the place they 'graciously' agreed to refund me the money for the test)

Since then i've been on the phone to them at least 3 times a week to try and get another test booked and twice so far they've agreed to reserve a test for me whilst i call my training company to see if they can fit me in and by the time i've called back within 5 minutes or so the test has been given to somebody else!

I'm going to get off my soapbox now, just had to rant.

Anyone else had problems with them?

(I'm not actually going to give up on my licence, especially as i'm nearly there now, because i enjoy riding far too much. I just can't believe it seems to run by complete feckin' monkeys!)

that's a bummer. Can't you find a training school that block book tests? Mine will book it all in for me, I just turn up and go.....might be less stress for you mate.

+1

It seems strange that you have to sort test booking for your school :? School I did my DAS with (well, just 1 instructor full time) sorted all for me. He rang DSA and told me what's available...

I work rolling shift patterns so it's difficult to know when i'm working from one week to the next. I had felt a bit reluctant to go to a different training school due to knowing the guy who runs the school i'm with (and getting a nice discount!) but for some reason if you're not doing an intensive course they don't seem to be able/willing to book for you. Enough's enough now though, time to look elsewhere methinks!

I just found the first one (2 days after passing my mod1. I booked it as soon as I passed, how lucky was that??) that the school could do then told work I couldn't come in. I work next to the test centre tho so everyone saw my tears of joy and started shouting outta the window when I passed!

that's a bummer. Can't you find a training school that block book tests? Mine will book it all in for me, I just turn up and go.....might be less stress for you mate.

+1

I though that all schools book the tests for you.

+1

I went to a training school to enquire and possibly book a few lessons and they asked, "have you booked your test yet?" I was a bit taken aback, so I went to another, who block booked the tests for the students to suit their lesson times.

Go shopping.

try a different school mate, they should book it for you and sort it all out (well at least thats what mine did)

Cant you just get like the dates from the training school they can do, then just ring DSA and am sure if have like 2 weeks worth of dates, a test date be free somewhere amongst those?

Ben_E - if you're learning at the same school as me, then I had the same issue. They asked me to book the tests as they no longer block book.

I ended up search the DSA website every couple of hours until a cancellation came up that I could do, fortunately for me, I couldn't do the test for a month or so after the MOD1, roll on Friday (5th) :)