Nipping to the shops, what do you wear?

This is going to sound pretty stupid but..... I always wear my leather two piece every time i go out on the roads as i never just nip somewhere. Tomorrow i need to get my eyes tested and its a 15 minute round trip including an eye test etc and i won't have time to go enjoy the roads....

It's going to be slightly uncomfortable sitting in full leathers, boots etc but i don't have textiles or Kevlar jeans and in all honesty I can't afford to go spend £??? on some..

What do you wear if you are just nipping somewhere?

BB

Usually gloves and jacket and helmet, for things like town etc.

Sometimes I will wear boots as well, but never full leathers if I'm not going for a proper high speed blast.

Don't follow my lead, your better off with full protection, but in your case you could just go with out leather bottoms.

Now I have (finally) got kevlar jeans (and plan to get more, they are easily comfortable enough to use as normal jeans.. I am :lol:) I'll like to try and use them, with boots along with jacket and gloves. This way I almost get full protection in an off, whilst also being as comfortable as possible.

It is up to you in the end though.

I got knocked off (twice) 1 foot from where I didn`t get knocked off. Rear into that BB.

Without the protection of the knee pads I may well be hobbling around now with a knackered knee joint.

As said, you`re choice mate, I`m just going by experience.

Me? For a journey that short? Bicycle clips, Shimano cycling shoes and a brightly coloured rucksack.

I'm led to believe that in motorbike accidents, severity of injury generally increases as you go down the body. So I'd regard boots and protective trousers as the absolute minimum - and once you've done that you may as well go the whole hog and wear a jacket and gloves too.

I do not ride (yet!) but am suprised to see so many people wearing jeans!

If you come off, even going 30MPH they will be warn through in seconds.

A lot of bikers I talk to always start the 'have you ever crashed' question with 'Well the only time i didn't wear all my gear and.....'

Persinally i will always wear my gear no matter how short the trip and if the trip is ever so short i can't be bothered to put it all on i will drive! For those that can't drive take a walk.

It just is not worth the risk imo.

Stu

Me it would be bike boots, kevlar jeans, jacket gloves and lid.

But as you dont have said kevlar jeans, I would be there in my leather trousers, if you take jacket etc off once there you shouldnt be uncomfortable (unless those leathers have shrunk :cheers: )

Brought some hood kevlar jeans with armor and they're really handy for popping to the shops, better protected than I am in my textiles (no hip armor in those).

I have hood too, love them :D

Plus they (as i thought) are much warmer than normal jeans too

but i didnt get the armour.

A subject that comes up regular!

All a matter of personal choice. The law states you need a lid.

Personally, just nipping up the road, all the gear except the trousers. Everywhere else, all the gear......

Saying that, I feel quite naked when I ain't got my bike trousers on. ... so if I am going as far as town, I will gear up fully ....

But like I said, its all personal choice.......

Last time I had my eyes tested, I left me gear by the counter ( i asked first) and sat in the waiting bit in me trousers and boots. Wiggling me bum like a schoolkid to make the leather squeak :lol:

On a side note, I can't remember where I was, but generally, if I walk in a shop with helmet etc, I just ask if I can leave me kit by the counter whilst I do whatever I am in there for ....

Anyway, this particular time they refused.... in case it was a bomb!!

(just remembered .... It was last year when a few of us went to the MOTORCYCLE museum in Birmingham .... and they have NO facility for bikers gear)

(just remembered .... It was last year when a few of us went to the MOTORCYCLE museum in Birmingham .... and they have NO facility for bikers gear)

And they thought yammy was my dad

stupid woman :lol: :mrgreen:

i always wear my lid, then depending on how far im going i wear my jacket gloves and boots, but sometimes its not worth it. If its only five mins a lid and gloves enough. i know the risk and i can live with it. Roll on the abuse from the atgatt party.

Guy

i always wear my lid, then depending on how far im going i wear my jacket gloves and boots, but sometimes its not worth it. If its only five mins a lid and gloves enough. i know the risk and i can live with it. Roll on the abuse from the atgatt party.

Guy

Don't think anyone can 'judge you' mate.

It is not ilegal, you know the risks, you accept the risks. It is all personal opinion thats all.

Stuart

i have some sartso kevlar jeans, great bit of kit to have.

at minimum, helmet, jacket, back protector, gloves, boots and kevlar jeans. (so pretty much everything)

only thing missing is knee protection from the kevlar jeans.

i can see your problem though, as if you don't have the option to wear something else and you've only got your leathers, then i'd say wear the leathers everytime you're on your bike until you can get around to buying some kevlar jeans or textiles.

Brought some hood kevlar jeans with armor and they're really handy for popping to the shops, better protected than I am in my textiles (no hip armor in those).

I have hood too, love them :D

Plus they (as i thought) are much warmer than normal jeans too

but i didnt get the armour.

got hood jeans too and hardly notice the knee armour but the hip armour makes my bum look big in them...LOL

LOL :lol:

I'm still wearing my hood jeans, have been every day since I got them.... I loves them...

Going to order 2 or 3 more (different styles/colours) in the near future, when I can afford them. This way I can wear them as normal jeans and never have to worry about basic leg protection again :lol:

Also if I fall over I'll be okay as well :lol:

Well i ended up using the car since it was raining (again)..... I'm on the hunt for some easy slip on clothing, kevlar jeans maybe or just some textile pants as i have a textile jacket already..

I wish it was as simple as throwing on some clothes putting the lid on and some gloves and setting off, takes me a good 20 - 30 mins to actually turn the bloody engine on...

BB

Well i ended up using the car since it was raining (again)..... I'm on the hunt for some easy slip on clothing, kevlar jeans maybe or just some textile pants as i have a textile jacket already..

I wish it was as simple as throwing on some clothes putting the lid on and some gloves and setting off, takes me a good 20 - 30 mins to actually turn the bloody engine on...

BB

:shock: Wow no wonder your looking for easy alternatives!!

Probably takes me about 3-4 minuets :lol: Then again, using the bike everyday I suppose "refined" my skills of putting motorbike clothing on.

Seems a bit excessive though.... 20-30 mins :?