What's invloved...

sparkeh9

Bit of pipe = link pipe.

Simply a case of remove the bolts securing the old can and link pipe and replacing with the new one, make sure new can isn't rubbing on the swingarm, and link pipe doesn't interferre with rear brake operation

You'll need spanners and poss allen keys, shouldn't take long (30 mins) , you may need a new seal that joints the link pipe to headers (about a tenner if memory serves) or make good with firegum :D .

Just read that aftermarket exhausts may increase power output, but obviously im on a restricted license, so if it's true I cant :(.

But I was thinking, will it actually increase the power output, as I've restricted my bike at the carbs so air is bottlenecked at that point. Anyone have any thoughts?

I may be completely wrong as I know next to nothing about the mechanics of bikes but; does a slip on can not affect anything? I though only a full aftermarket exhaust system would increase power, I just thought a slip on can was for sound and looks.

But I could be wrong :/

At best a decent exhaust will offer 4-5 bhp extra, it's likely to be a lot loss for a mid-range silencer 3 tops most likely 1-2bhp, so personally I'd say just go for it with respect to the power, no one is going to question it.

As to fitting it, it's just take off the old one, maybe 3 bolts, make sure the ends of pipes are clean, add a little exhaust sealant, put together again (same 3 bolts you took off) and wipe excess paste off.

Shouldn't take more than 20-30mins

Though will then have to wait for the past to dry, this can be done by leaving the bike to idle, until exhaust gets to operating temperature + 5-10mins extra. Don't rev it during this time.

♦Put a new can on mine not long ago, was really easy.