ACF - 50

Stuno1

Yes

Yes

NOI!

The reason for the no is that it's too damned expensive to waste via spraying and often doesn't reach where it's needed if you do.

Best way I've found of applying it is to spray some in the cap first then use a clean paintbrush to apply it.

On engine cases where only a very thin application is needed, spray some on a cloth till it's wet enough to wipe the whole cases.

Brilliant stuff, though! :D

Yes I do but I get some one to do an all round job on the bike just before winter sets in.

Brill stuff, the bike looks like new when he`s finished and it stays on for ages.

I overdosed mine last year and it took an age to remove it all after it collected half of the road dirt/dust. This winter i sprayed some into the cup and used a small paintbrush and just painted it on, did a real good job on it too as you can get into the small crevices :)

BB

Also great for electrics and plastics

I spray it everywhere and wipe it around with a cloth and it keeps my bike sparkly all through the winter :D

To re-iterate; don't use too much.

I went up in a cloud of blue smoke when I started up after getting carried away with the stuff.

Also, as stated earlier, at £12-15 a can I wouldn't go flinging the stuff about.

i don drive a car, i ride all year round and i can tell you one thing, my bikes have been protectected against the salt and daily rain each and everyday from that stuff, i spray it in to a small pot and paint it on all over the bike with a small paint brush. worth every single penny. you get a lot in a can but by painting it you can save loads. i use it on exposed metals but use it sparingly, i can make a can last a couple of months and i have to clean my bike at least once a week because of the miles i do

dont get it near tyres or brakes though! duh!

To share some info..

When the guy did my bike in October ish, he was saying he had had a meeting with the ACF people.. Apparently people overuse the stuff massively.

To describe it he said ..

Imagine a A4 piece of paper, top to bottom. Thats how thick people put it on... if you then imagine the thickness of that piece of paper, then thats how much is actually needed.

The problem with too much, is it is that thick it will actually hold grains of salt, suspended in the film ...

When proffessionally treated, he uses a compressor and a mister.. so you get a real fine spray. Unlike the can or the brush.

To see its exceptional 'creep' qualities, put a drop on a pice of metal, then have a look the next day. It spreads massively ...!!

To share some info..

When the guy did my bike in October ish, he was saying he had had a meeting with the ACF people.. Apparently people overuse the stuff massively.

To describe it he said ..

Imagine a A4 piece of paper, top to bottom. Thats how thick people put it on... if you then imagine the thickness of that piece of paper, then thats how much is actually needed.

The problem with too much, is it is that thick it will actually hold grains of salt, suspended in the film ...

When proffessionally treated, he uses a compressor and a mister.. so you get a real fine spray. Unlike the can or the brush.

To see its exceptional 'creep' qualities, put a drop on a pice of metal, then have a look the next day. It spreads massively ...!!

Good advice, chap.

I tend to put it on with the paintbrush, let it creep a bit to more inaccessible places then wipe over with a cloth. That way it doesn't pick up quite so much cack.

I was advised to warm the can up a bit first as it's a bit gloopy cold out of the can...

I dropped it in a bowl of nearly boiling water and left it there for about 10 mins

Came out in a mist and was able to cover a larger area

Burns off the exhaust i find all the way to the top of the silencer but after doing some fettling still found it lurking in the dome head bolts holding the leg protection on my Transalp...

Great stuff and has resisted all that the gritters could throw at it....

Does grab the cack and dust though over a few trips and dirt tracks but it blasts off with a jet wash and touch of Muc Off... still leaves a film on afterwards though...

Wouldn't put acf50 on paintwork.

I use zymol carnauba wax for that all the flies just drop of after a few waxing of that stuff.

Keep the acf50 for metalwork calipers and such like not discs mind you.

It's also great at keeping you electrics sound and waterproof.