Comfortable Gloves?

Can anyone recommend some comfortable gloves?

I had a 1 1/2hour ride yesterday and the seam down the outside of my thumbs cut off the circulation. A great ride was slightly spoiled by the constant nagging from my hands, particularly the right hand.

There are so many gloves out there that it's really difficult to try them all on....so any recommendations from forum members will be gratefully received. :cheers:

Bob

I have exactly the same probably, my hands are tiny and most gloves are too big and bunch up which is uncomfortable.

Recently got a pair of Rev it gloves which fitted really snug, first pair i found like that. Anyway had to take em back and I couldn't ride in them, they were too small/tight in the palm and I couldn't open my enough when letting the clutch out... kept stalling.

I have come to the conclusion my gloves will always be too long on the finger and have since found some for Rev it again that are not as tough a leather, to enable me to move my hand more easily.

Point is, you will need to try them on again and again and again to find the right pair for you!

good luck :thumb:

I have exactly the same probably, my hands are tiny and most gloves are too big and bunch up which is uncomfortable.

Recently got a pair of Rev it gloves which fitted really snug, first pair i found like that. Anyway had to take em back and I couldn't ride in them, they were too small/tight in the palm and I couldn't open my enough when letting the clutch out... kept stalling.

I have come to the conclusion my gloves will always be too long on the finger and have since found some for Rev it again that are not as tough a leather, to enable me to move my hand more easily.

Point is, you will need to try them on again and again and again to find the right pair for you!

good luck :thumb:

Don't be lazy. Everybody's hands are different same as feet. Get trying some on. 8-)

I hear what you're saying CTB.....but trying them on in the shop/at a show etc is not the same as riding in them. As I said it seems to be the seam running down the outside of the thumb that is causing the problem. I have 2 pairs of gloves and they are both the same and Mandy has a coupla pairs and the same thing.

I have fairly big hands and longish fingers and I don't know how many gloves I've tried in the past to find some that just fit. I buy the ones that do fit...but even after a good running in period they still bite into my thumb.

All I'm looking for is some recommendations...then I'll hunt 'em down and try 'em out. May take a run to the local bike shop tomorrow if he's open and see what he has in there.

Cheers,

Bob

I wear RST Chicane gloves, size XL and they are very good for the £35 or so that they cost. The model doesn't seem to be available now but their Tracktec and Delta gloves look very similar.

I wish I had bought two pairs now!

I have the same problem with gloves they fit great in the shop but when out on the bike is when all the problems start

I have a pair of clover gloves not many places stock them I've never had a problem with them even from new

I also had a pair of HG pro sports a few years back which again was great but 3 crashes later I had to ditch them! Good production though and they only cost 45 quid

i have a good pair of winter gloves that i cannot wear at all, they killl me, but got a super pair of armoured buffalo ones at a bike show reduced , and theyre fab,, shame theyre only summer gloves, as im gonna have a problem again finding winter ones i can wear

Thanks to all for replies. Budget? I think max 80 squids. Revit look good but a bit out of my range I think. Weise, richa, held, all seem to do some good gloves in my price range. Went to local bike shop but he has a very limited stock. The choice is truly bewildering! The quest continues.

Cheers,

Bob.

I got some Arc-On gloves last summer for £75 and they are the best gloves i've ever worn. Comfy, soft and a high spec for the price. Have a look at their website, only problem is i don't think they are sold in dealers just online. But the guy that does them is reasonable so i'm sure he'd offer a refund if they didn't fit.

my rev it gloves disintigrated within a year. massive holes in both. But then again i showed them to a guy who knows aout gloves in a shop that doesnt even sell them and he was suprised that they would even e showing any wear.

Anyway, I looked around about three different shops before i found what i wanted, so just stop by a bike shop next time you out and try some on. As it has been said, everyones hand sizes are different (Also glove sizes are different in different shops. A large pair of gloves in one shop were too small for me, yet i currently have a small pair that fit perfectly :s)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update....

I bought a pair of Held Bagira gloves from MotoBrio as they were on offer (£35). Although I do still get the seam mark down the outside of my thumbs they are nowhere as bad as the other gloves I have. And after a very few rides they have softened up pretty good.

So all in all I'm pretty pleased with them.

Cheers,

Bob

I've got a mate at work who lives up Huntingdon way, i'll ask him tomorrow if he knows any good places in the area seeing as you seem to be struggling with your local place.

I got the same issue with the long / fat fingers not sitting right in gloves. Spent a while in the bile shop trying on every pair I could see and flexing my hands as though I was riding etc. Not ideal, but did make me bypass a couple of pairs. Ended up with a pair of Weis ones, only problem is they're a short glove so I get a gap opening up between my glove and jacket occasionally. Ideal for the warmer weather, but I'll need to find something else when it turns cooler