Mod1 v Mod 2 difficulty

Guest redhand

having just passed mod 1 at 2nd attempt i have got the impression that this is the difficult part of the two. can anyone put me right can we have a vote?

The mod 2 was just like having a ride with a different instructor really (from the radio link point of view) seems a breeze looking back but time does have a way of distorting things somewhat... Even if it was only last year

Well I thought Mod 1 was going to be the more difficult of the two, and was not confident I'd pass first time but did with one minor :mrgreen: . I thought Mod 2 would be easier but there are so many things you have to remember to do correctly, it can be easy to forget little things which can soon mount up. Luckily for me I passed again but with 5 minors, mainly observation!

mod 1 is most difficult in my view.

I did the old style test last year and was absolutely pooping myself throughout the whole test. My nerves were shot to bite, bike wobbled everywhere but somehow I passed. What was even more impressive (well I thought so anyways) was that I had completed it with a puncture, as back in the parking area the examiner commented how low back tyre looked and by the time i had got home it was completely flat! (maybe thats how i got the one minor on the emergency stop by locking up the rear.. or was that when i punctured it :lol:

Mod 2 nae problem - just like listening to a sat nav.

Mind you i did take the "easier" route and passed both tests on my 125 so now restricted until August 2012, but hey ho gives me a chance to save for a big bike 8-)

I think nerves affect most people - I was pretty nervous doing both test whereas on my car test I had no nerves at all for some reason (perhaps because it was a long, long time ago :lol: ). I also thought nerves would mess it up for me but once you are out there and actually doing it, concentration should displace some of the nerves. It was sitting in the waiting room that was the worst, and seeing riders come in before me who had passed, put a bit of pressure on!

I think nerves affect most people - I was pretty nervous doing both test whereas on my car test I had no nerves at all for some reason (perhaps because it was a long, long time ago :lol: ). I also thought nerves would mess it up for me but once you are out there and actually doing it, concentration should displace some of the nerves. It was sitting in the waiting room that was the worst, and seeing riders come in before me who had passed, put a bit of pressure on!

This is so true, if you can control your nerves then you can ride better (stating the obvious I know :wink:)

Neither of the tests are difficult, daft mistakes normally cause most folk to fail. I saw a guy ride into the Mod1 compound with his stand down!

I think MOD 1 is easier as they will not fail you if you do what you are supposed to do, nothing unexpected can really happen. However during MOD 2 you can get a bit unlucky and fail it just because of someone else's fault.

In my opinion MOD 2 is easier as you just have to ride safely and thats it. MOD 1 is just completely pointless and stupid... (Why can't I put my foot down??? Thats why they're there for :evil: lol)

i suffer badly from nerves when on that kinda test and cant afford to lose the £300 for nowt... also i hae nowhere to put a bigger bike lol

so your happy to waste the theory test,cbt and mod 1 fees?

do the mod 2 and you will pass just book it yourself, you can't suffer that much from nerves if you managed to pass your cbt and mod 1. i like you suffer badly from nerves but i intend to pass everything even if i fail a few times.

i got my das wed and im shitting bricks even though its not for hours :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to hear how many people say mod 1 is harder than mod 2.

Suppose it depends on personal preference, i have heard different things from different people. Just today i was speaking to a bloke at work and he said the mod 1 is relatively easy as it's manoeuvers in and out of cones off the road. Mod 2 is basically a ride out somewhere and then back to the test center and is pretty easy.

I'm nervous to both so will just take it as it comes lol

• 2 weeks later...

as originator of this thread thought i should give my final thought as have passed both now.

mod 1 i failed first time by one km/hr thru the speed trap

mod2 failed first time for not recognising a 20 zone soon enough

overall i think the mod1 was more unnatural and therfore more difficult

but for me its all history now TF

Not done Mod 2 yet, but 95% of the training has been towards Mod 2 with two 10 minute practices at Mod 1. That seems odd to me as each test carries the same weight.

Mod 1 £15.50

Mod 2 £75.00

:lol:

I found mod 2 easier, less pressure, you have more time to relax into the seat.