How are these people allowed animals..?!

Gin

In advance, sorry for this long post..

Tonight for the second time in a week or so there was a dog outside without a leash, peggin up and down the street causing trouble by trying to 'play' with passers by..

However this time an owner didnt pedal past to try and coax the dog along..

After hearing it bark at a passer by or two, i then heard a brake squeel, a thump then howling..

Woke my mum and ran out the house, stood in the middle of the road to stop any other cars hitting it and implored a BMW driver who had stopped to help me..

He rang to police (Not knowing who else to call) while we both tried to figure out what the heck you do in this situation..

I pegged into the house and grabbed an old towel and approatched the dog gently, showing my hand for it to sniff and poor thing just lent straight into me, wrapped the towel round it and tried to keep it calm while getting traffic moving on the road while the dog was still lying there..

Got it to the vets and will never be more grateful to the lads who stopped to help put the dog into the bottom half of the big cat box and that also moved the traffic round to help.. They were amazing..

When we got the vets they told us it doesnt look good at all and the damage is probably enough to have to put him down (Too much blood being lost and probably internal bleeding), that he wasn't microchipped nor snipped yet the coat didnt look like it was a stray entirely..

A few scars and old cuts on the face showed it to be a dog that had gotten into a few scraps but they said he was still only a pup.. Staffy..

I just almost can't belive tonight happened..

1.) That the driver drove away and

2.) That who ever the owner is.. So many ways to finish but can't think of quite the right one..

Why would you get a dog and let it get into such a state!..

Vets that we took it to say they don't expect to have an owner come forwards and with dogs like staffies (Also pitbull terrier, rotweilers etc) they see them alot with related problems..

Sorry again just furious that the dog probably wont see tomorrow..

Judging from the type of people living in the estate and houses nearby it desnt surprise me and its a shame about the dog getting into such a state...

General scum who have no sense of responsibility are purely to blame.

Ah Gin, thats awful!

You did good!!! :thumb:

I'm guessing with it being a staffy, not microchipped, scars on it's face it may have been involved in some not so nice activites!!!

If thats the case... at least the dog is in the right place and if it survives will hopefully be re-homed somewhere more suitable!

First off, nice one Jin for getting out there and helping - you should be proud.

As for the owners, well its just disgusting. Please dont tar all staffie, Rottie etc owners with the same brush there are many great owners out there and both of these are wonderful breads if brought up correctly (like any dog).

Just glad you were there to help the poor dog out in its hour of need :cheers:

What akey said about staffie owners...

And well done Jin for doing the right thing. It's such a shame the initial buzz of owning a dog doesn't translate for some people into making that dog a proper part of the family. At least you did the best you could.

Well, it's people like you who balance out the scores of scum that seem to make up the majority of the human race. Shame those irresponsible sick scrotes are allowed to breed.

Fun fact. The actions of a dog are legally the owners responsibility. I.E you can sue for the damage to your vehicle. If someones stupid mutt jumps out at you and gets you of your bike, it's worth remembering. Also, the RSPCA will be interested in how the owner let the dog injure itself because again, it's actions are their responsibility.

Just to throw in i have Nothing at all against staffies, pittbull terriers, rotties etc.. Think they are great and can be really kind, loyal dogs..

It's just that in the area i live in, people buy them just to have a rough tough dog on the end of the lead.. Meaning they dont care about the dogs saftey or its behaviour and in turn they almost train them to be pretty nasty dogs, which is why the vet said shes wasnt surprised to see another one in..

That also i can't belive.. Getting a dog just because it makes you look like a "hard man"..

Edit : Just rung the vets... He didn't make it to this morning, Too much internal bleeding and blood in his lungs..

That's all very sad - the dog didn't deserve to have such a careless owner! :(

As has been said, the driver could sue the dog owner for damage - I know someone who did just that in similar circumstances. Our pet insurance has third party cover in case our mad thing ever did aything like that!

When we were looking for a rescue dog sadly the kennels were full of Staffies & Rotties etc - like you say, so-called 'hard' dogs. It's a shame people don't accept the responsibility that they need to care for the animal, not just keep it as a status symbol!!!! :evil:

First off, nice one Jin for getting out there and helping - you should be proud.

As for the owners, well its just disgusting. Please dont tar all staffie, Rottie etc owners with the same brush there are many great owners out there and both of these are wonderful breads if brought up correctly (like any dog).

Just glad you were there to help the poor dog out in its hour of need :cheers:

:stupid:

iv had staffie in the past at the mo iv got a rottie and its soft as shit, all the dogs iv had have been soft, the dogs are only as good as the owners, i dont let my dog out on the street, and when it gets out im out looking for it, last time it got out i was out looking for the stupid mut for 2 hours at 4am :evil:

Sad story there Jin. Good on you for helping out though.

I really do think there should be licences to firstly own dogs and secondly to breed them and each should be chipped by law. I think with the amount of irresponsible owners training them to fight this would help to ease this kind of problem.

I found in Ireland there were a lot of dogs that were able to go running around the streets with the owners not caring whether they were on the road or not. Nearly hit a couple and had to accelerate away from one in a 30 zone as it came very close to running under the wheels.

Please dont tar all staffie, Rottie etc owners with the same brush there are many great owners out there and both of these are wonderful breads if brought up correctly (like any dog).

Indeed! :thumb:

I had a staffy once... I'm not like that! :lol:

Please dont tar all staffie, Rottie etc owners with the same brush there are many great owners out there and both of these are wonderful breads if brought up correctly (like any dog).

Indeed! :thumb:

I had a staffy once... I'm not like that! :lol:

Just to throw in i have Nothing at all against staffies, pittbull terriers, rotties etc.. Think they are great and can be really kind, loyal dogs..

It's just that in the area i live in, people buy them just to have a rough tough dog on the end of the lead.. Meaning they dont care about the dogs saftey or its behaviour and in turn they almost train them to be pretty nasty dogs, which is why the vet said shes wasnt surprised to see another one in..

RIP poor pup :(

Well, it's people like you who balance out the scores of scum that seem to make up the majority of the human race. Shame those irresponsible sick scrotes are allowed to breed.

Totally agree with this.

Well done Gin for helping him

In the same way a child grows up in the wrong crowd, so can a pet. It's never their fault as Jin quite clearly said, it is the negligence or utter irresponsibility of others.

And it's really sad to hear it didn't make it... :(

In the same way a child grows up in the wrong crowd, so can a pet. It's never their fault as Jin quite clearly said, it is the negligence or utter irresponsibility of others.

I tend to find that kids with ADHD seems to fall into a certain demographic in that way.

Sorry people, just saying s'all.

I often wonder how people are allowed to have kids when so many of them couldn't be trusted with a kitten.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jin, Please let us know what area of London you are in, we don't want everyone thinking it's the pits :(

Well done for helping out and i hope bad luck doesn't always come in threes. :wink:

Well done Jin for showing the poor thing some compassion, probably the only time it knew any in it's short life :(

There are no bad dogs just bad owners ...

Northolt/Hayes/Greenford..

Oh my God, bad luck does come in threes :shock:

On a more serious note, i hope your recovery continues well and you get your bike fixed up.

We'll have to get all us Londoners out for a ride one of these days.......... :cheers: