Rugby World Cup!!!

griffo

Much better from England today against Georgia, just got to be careful with conceding penalties!

At last Chris Ashton got a try which was a cracker! Romania next which should be a fairly straight forward game next week.

Poor old Japan got a real thrashing from the ABs, but it wasn't much of a surprise.

Also if you like premiership rugby, its on tonight at 8pm itv4 :)

Some of those Georgians were monsters :shock: , especially Gorgodze (known as Gorgodzilla by Montpelier fans, where he plys his trade)

England gave away far too many penalties, Hartley and Stevens were shite, good job the Georgia kicker missed a few otherwise scores would have been alot closer in the 1st half. Simon Shaw impressed with his workrate England need to tighten up on their discipline and improve their handling if they are to beat the better teams

Quins thrashed Gloucester :D :D , shame I wasn't at the Stoop to witness the game as I was planning to do due to lack of cash (see the F**k it thread for details :crybaby: )

im not a rugby union fan but always support england at all the sports i possibly can and i gotta admit maybe im getting old but im LOVING IT.

england are playing pretty rubbish imo they show these moments of how good they can be then a moment later there rubbish again. i feel they can go all the way if they can avoid south africa and new zealand and if they pick up there game and show what they can do in those moments but do it for most of the game.

maybe they need a few more nights out :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

:( What a shame the campaign ended today!

However France did play very well to secure they're place in the semi-final against Wales.

England just seemed to play without focus, they had spurts of brilliance, particularly Mark Cueto's try!

Well we can now look forward to some brilliant matches to come, New Zealand taking on Argentina, and South Africa vs Australia.

Looks like we'll have to wait another four years! And it will be on home soil!

Wales are doing great

England played crap boring rugby and wont be missed by the rest of the world

Ireland has some Beautiful fans :love: and are loved all over the world.

Well thats how i see it

Well done to France, we played without composure, accuracy or any leadership for most of the game. Yet again we gave away too many penalties. The scrum improved when Stevens, who has been woeful all tournament went off IMHO. Easter and Tuilagi were the only half decent performances.

Time to blood some new young players, hopefully this will be the last time Moody, Tindall, Thomson and Stevens pull on a white shirt.

The RFU needs to sort itself out PDQ starting with letting Martin Johnson go.

Roll on the Quins game this afternoon, hopefully we can take the game to the Tigers @Welford Rd and make it 6 from 6 :D

It pains me to say it, but best wishes to Wales for the semifinal

I was off on my 'fun run' so missed the England-France game, but it was destined to be a poor game. I haven't seen either team play to their potential.

The Wales-Ireland game however would have made a cracking final. Sadly coming 2nd at this stage doesn't count for anything.

There will be a lot of drunkeness in the valleys tonight.

What a great game.

Lost by missed penalties, conversion and not going for a drop goal 10 mins from the end.

Not the fact that Wales had a man sent off.

My thoughts exactly, Hook was awful, Jones wasn't much better and bottled the drop goal option.

Maybe Mike Phillips should have made more of an attempt to get nearer the posts for his try to make the conversion easier

The red was harsh but technically correct as he didn't control the player as he hit the ground even though it wasn't malicous

The Mighty Quins 2nd string beat London Irish with a last second try :D

Cracking match this morning between the All Blacks & Wallabies. Piri Weepu kicking 12 points which helped keep the advantage for the All Blacks. Australia did play a good game, however the better side won today.

As for the France vs Wales game, woah! Tight as you like! Good for Wales to get to the semi-final, I thought the red card for Warburton was too much, yellow and sin bin would have been enough. So he will unfortunately miss the 3rd place play-off match.

Sunday 23rd is the date for a fantastic final. I hope that the All Blacks can break their string of World Cup bad luck and come away champions! It will sure be a cracker of a match!

:)

i am sorry that wales lost, they have been playing well but they missed to many opportunities from what i hear, i was working so didnt get to actually watch it :(

but oh my dear life, talk about whinge (yes the irony is i am whinging now) i spent all yesterday hearing about how they were robbed, but i have since seen the highlights, maybe it was a harsh red card but it was against the rules, you break the rules expect to be fined. they didnt moan about the penalty they were awarded after THEIR man TWICE pulled a ball back ILLEGALLY when he was putting it out, that penalty should have gone to france, but its amazing how much they forget.

wales lost, move on to the finals please :)

Great end to the World Cup :-)

The All Blacks winning in the tightest of finals by just one point!

The French played very well and at times looked like they could take a lead in the game.

All in all a good tournament, now we only have to wait 4 years before it takes place here in the UK!!!!

Well done New Zealand :)