• 2 weeks later...

The route down with approx timings

Stockport 8-00 ish

Derby 9-15/30

Burton upon trent 10

Melton Mowbray 11-15/30 Buy pork pies

Rutland water 12 - 12.30

My number is in the contacts section if you need to contact me

TC are you still stopping at Mc Donalds at Markeaton to pick me up???? pretty , pretty please :) and what time

Aren't you going on the t/cat?

i recon she means meet up boothy!!

I may come, I will confirm on saturday pm if I am coming and meetr you at Stockport

Richard

Of course you can Mate.

But its Hazel grove not Stockport.

Get to stockport carry on down the A6 to Hazel grove Mcdonalds is on the right I'll be leaving there at 8am

Still sat here AA given up after 4 hours, now waiting for relay. They recon its the immobiliser I maybe home before tomorrow

That's really bad luck! TC told us you had 'bike issues' and couldn't make the trip.

What a shame :(

Great to meet up with everyone today.

voodoo thanks for leading from Derby on he way back.

TNT i really hope you get home safely without to much of a delay.

So basically everyone i left home with never made it to Rutland :( It least i'm consistent.

Just to part close the story I got home about 11;30 at night. The dealers are saying that I should not have ley the AA touch the bike as they are "butchers" I was suprised by the attitude. The interesting thing the AA said was they think its a faulty switch but the dealers have wired the immobilizer into the live for the rear light and not to a seperate fused live. This means that when the faulty brake switch blows the fuse, the power to the immobizer is interupted and it immobilizes the bike.

Anyway we will see if I ever get to the truth but needless to say I am pretty pissed off.

But Thanks to TC for organising the day, and it was nice to meet the people I did. I would like to say thanks to Jinn and Fozzie for coming back for me not once but at least 4 times as I kept blowing fuses.

I think the moral of the day is dont take an Italian bike out in the rain!

Richard