Weight Loss Pt. 2

asharin

As the other thread is a few pages long, and as I was far too lazy to hunt around for it, I have decided to make a part 2 thread, if that's okay by the mods? :P

Anyway I weighed myself today, clothes on just to see what I was, and it said 14 stone 3...Ohh thinks I, that means I have lost weight, so had to strip down for a proper weigh..

13 Stone 11..Sweet, finally broken the 14 stone mark, and only 4 pounds to my target weight :) :D :D :)

That put me in a great mood!

I recently took up my next step to weight loss and increase in exercise and so fa I have shed another 4 pounds so am now constantly under the 15 stone mark!

I have a plan for a long walk soon so am doing some training towards that managed 6.5 miles last week in under 1h 40 and its nice and hilly round here, oh and the week before i couldnt walk cos i still have a hole in my leg.

Good luck with hitting your target.

Nice work.

I used to be 17st+, this dropped to 13st 11 about 12 months ago and now ive sort of bottomed out at 14st 4 but no where near as fit as i was a year ago..

Im quite pleased with this but some cardio work wouldnt go a miss. I can still sit on an excersice bike for a couple of hours straight at a steady 95rpm. Had started to do a littel weight stuff before work but trying to get the will power working at 5.15am is a bit difficult!

keep at it. great work.

power walking is great excercise, and burns twice as much calories as jogging does!

But you look really daft when your doing it (Not you personaly Bumble)

Well done with the weight loss.

I'm fighting to keep the belly at bay atm. I went to a mates house and the son said 'Why is your belly big' :shock:

Begining of the year i was 16st 5lbs and i dropped down to around 13st 5lbs so im quite pleased! Just need to lose another stone somehow! Exersise seems to be the key but its hard work! :(

Begining of the year i was 16st 5lbs and i dropped down to around 13st 5lbs so im quite pleased! Just need to lose another stone somehow! Exersise seems to be the key but its hard work! :(

I'm told my ideal weight would be 12 and a half stone, but I'd look like a bloody skeleton with my build, so my aim has been 13 and a half..may try and get to just 13 though :)

I'm told my ideal weight would be 12 and a half stone, but I'd look like a bloody skeleton with my build, so my aim has been 13 and a half..may try and get to just 13 though :)

I know what your saying according to that ridiculous bmi scale I should be 13st 2 I havent been that weight since early high school, id be dead now if I tried that or so weak I may as well be!

Went from 18 stone to 13.4 in the last couple of years. Been stuck at that for a few months now, so really need to crack on with getting rid of the last stone or so.

I recently took up my next step to weight loss and increase in exercise and so fa I have shed another 4 pounds so am now constantly under the 15 stone mark!

I have a plan for a long walk soon so am doing some training towards that managed 6.5 miles last week in under 1h 40 and its nice and hilly round here, oh and the week before i couldnt walk cos i still have a hole in my leg.

That's where you're going wrong Techno....too much sofa...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's where you're going wrong Techno....too much sofa...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha thanks yeh probably was in the past too!

i have stopped :( cant get to 11 n half n stop there, always end up back at 12st but thats still 3st from xmas' weight so i am happy to stay there. walked for boredom reasons last night to mumbles n back, in the rain :roll: lol but its a nice 9 mileish walk so was nice

scrap that, just looked, its 5.7 miles one way and should have took 1hr57 min, we walked there had food and walked back in 3 hours :D

• 4 weeks later...

Nice one, I hit the target weight i made when all this started, changed eating habits again and started walking, as i decided to walk to keiths at the weekend, which i made totaling 19.8 miles in just over 5 hours.

Him, viks and her better half were suitably impressed so thats nearly half stone gone in oct :)

Next target 14st!

Only trouble is just bought a car, however its amazing how much less crappy food you can survive without!

Well done techno :) (slow reply I know :P )

I found another great thing about losing weight...

My old leather jacket that got too small now fits..so extra jacket. My less old one, that is now slightly too big, is now an awesome winter jacket as I have room to fit a thick jumper under it :D

Ha ha bonus, my problem now is i look like a tramp as my belts are pulled so tight it crumples the top of my jeans, so new kegs required soon, but its a good problem to have!

But i do feel much better, will see how eas it is to keep up with through the winter months!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update from me, finally got to 3 stone weight loss today. Been hard to get to it after hitting 2 and a half stone, just seems to have been a wall in my way even with going gym and eating right. Anyway glad to have got there after starting gym 6 months ago. Here's to one more stone and ill be happy at 14 stone for my height (6ft) and build, still cant believe I actually stuck to it. :-)

NearOn

According to the medical and nutitional bods, your body has a natural weight that it wants to be - this can vary over your lifetime. For example, when I was 18 I was a 6 foot tall streak of piss and I weighed 10 stone! Now I am more mature (I prefer the term "distinguished") and I weight 13 stone. It seems to be where my body wants to be.

The good thing is though, that your body doesn't care what the weight consists of - so if you want to loose fat, you gotta build muscle. I do weight training and the fat just falls off. And to build muscle, it's not just about having a quick faff with the poncey weights, you have to lift a weight that makes you break sweat - if you're struggling to lift it (without going purple in the face, screaming like a Gym Rhino and sh*tting yourself), then you're doing it right!

According to the medical and nutitional bods, your body has a natural weight that it wants to be - this can vary over your lifetime. For example, when I was 18 I was a 6 foot tall streak of piss and I weighed 10 stone! Now I am more mature (I prefer the term "distinguished") and I weight 13 stone. It seems to be where my body wants to be.

The good thing is though, that your body doesn't care what the weight consists of - so if you want to loose fat, you gotta build muscle. I do weight training and the fat just falls off. And to build muscle, it's not just about having a quick faff with the poncey weights, you have to lift a weight that makes you break sweat - if you're struggling to lift it (without going purple in the face, screaming like a Gym Rhino and sh*tting yourself), then you're doing it right!

Thats good advice, cheers, because for first 3 or 4 months of the gym the weight went fairly easily with mainly cardio. And towards end of 4 month I added weight training, but nothing too stressful and nothing changed. Recently been hitting cardio for like last 5 weeks and seeing minimal changes. So maybe to get to the next level of losing fat I need to do what you suggested and lift heavy weights. Think ill give it a go, nothing to lose :) Also any tips for getting rid of the belly? Id quite just like to get a flatish stomach.

Cheers

Near on I read you cant target specific areas to remove fat it comes off all over as you lose it..hope that makes sense lol

Makes sense mate, just hoping its gonna start coming off the stomach area more :-)

• 1 month later...